The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post

The last thing i'll discuss with you about this...

What was tyson known best for in his fights above all else, especially in his prime? Yep brutal knockouts.
    So by your logic, that's all Tyson was because he was known for it? He had nothing else in his repetoire? No speed, no range of punching, no defense or agility or boxing IQ?

Do you even know who Cus D'Amato is? I suspect on this evidence that you really don't, so leave it there we will indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      So by your logic, that's all Tyson was because he was known for it? He had nothing else in his repetoire? No speed, no range of punching, no defense or agility or boxing IQ?
      What was tyson known best for in his fights above all else, especially in his prime? Yep brutal knockouts.

When did i say he lacked skill? I respect paula radcliffe too.
      Last edited by PaTaito; 05-05-2015, 17:40.

Comment

You know full well what you were implying when you decided to bring up Tyson in a conversation about two completely different boxers, but okay.

Comment

Surprise, surprise...bull**** is called by the Nevada Athletic Commission on the shoulder injury as Manny didn't declare it on the night of the fight despite now coming out and saying that he'd had shoulder issues for a while before. Dog**** excuses after a dog**** performance from Manny and all that.

Smells like he's desperate for another Floyd payday.

Manny Pacquiao is sued in Nevada after claims he lied about an injury sustained before his fight against Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

You know full well what you were implying when you decided to bring up Tyson in a conversation about two completely different boxers, but okay.

I was implying MW is known for running in the same way other boxers were known for other, more complimentary traits. That and i think he's overrated trash.

Thought that much was pretty darn obvious from the few lines i wrote, but in almost all of your replies you have dreamt up imaginary comments i haven't actually made.

Maybe you and others should stop being daft too and just be honest with yourselves instead of trying to make out that Floyd doesn't have any technical skill when this clearly isn't the case.
            If you really think that Mike Tyson was nothing more than a power hitter then yes, we really should end the discussion here. You've defeated your own argument completely if that's the case.

Do you even know who Cus D'Amato is? I suspect on this evidence that you really don't, so leave it there we will indeed.
            There is no discussion where almost every reply is in fantasy land like the ones above.

Stay bitter like all the Floyd-haters, my friend.

48 have tried and 48 have failed. Manny was made to look crap on the night.

This is a strange accusation being that i'm not even a fan of pacquiao, and generally think boxing has been piss poor for years. I only happened to watch this fight because i was with friends...but ok if you say so

The part about Cus D'Amato made me chuckle mind as anyone who watched the tyson documentary knows who he is, sorry was that supposed to be some sort of special knowledge that is passed from father to son?

Was this the scene when you learned of this man?

Surprise, surprise...bull**** is called by the Nevada Athletic Commission on the shoulder injury as Manny didn't declare it on the night of the fight despite now coming out and saying that he'd had shoulder issues for a while before. Dog**** excuses after a dog**** performance from Manny and all that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32594782
            The only news there is the lawsuite, the other details are widespread. Remember that manny has a translator for even his own coach in the corner. I guess its impossible that things might ever get lost in translation, hell we speak the same language and you misread my posts.
            Last edited by PaTaito; 06-05-2015, 03:33.

Comment

I agree. Damage done should just be standard.

Being defensive is fine in my book, but the entire crux of that style is to counter strike. Running away and winning on points is just boring,

The whole sweet science ****e is nonsense too. Does Floyd look like a genius? no. He couldn't even put a ****ing ikea desk together. The science side was always generating large amounts of power from short distances - he doesn't do that does he?

In regards to the whole mma being more brutal I actually disagree. One knockout punch is preferable to getting your brain mashed to **** around your head for 12 rounds - I'd be interested to see how boxing would get on with smaller gloves if I'm honest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32594782
              40 million of Mannys purse went to charity. That's half his entire earnings.

In floyds entire career he's donated 215 thousand for comparison.

Comment

The only news there is the lawsuite, the other details are widespread. Remember that manny has a translator for even his own coach in the corner. I guess its impossible that things might ever get lost in translation, hell we speak the same language and you misread my posts.
                Well DUH, of course the lawsuit is news. That's why I've posted about it in here. I LOVE that you think that my post about it has anything to do with anything you've come out with.

Am I not allowed to just post about it in here because I have an opinion on it?

Get over yourself, please.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-05-2015, 05:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

Being defensive is fine in my book, but the entire crux of that style is to counter strike. Running away and winning on points is just boring,

The whole sweet science ****e is nonsense too. Does Floyd look like a genius? no. He couldn't even put a ****ing ikea desk together. The science side was always generating large amounts of power from short distances - he doesn't do that does he?

In regards to the whole mma being more brutal I actually disagree. One knockout punch is preferable to getting your brain mashed to **** around your head for 12 rounds - I'd be interested to see how boxing would get on with smaller gloves if I'm honest.

You and PaTaito and everybody can accuse Floyd of running away all you want, but the fact remains that he didn't when he threw and landed more punches. And since when has power been the only thing needed? I'm pretty sure the sweet science of it also consists of accuracy and timing - something Floyd has in abundance.

Oh, and I'll think you'll find that Manny's tax issues are well documented. It isn't just about him giving to charity. But fine, use that as a means to have a pop at Floyd like many others have. Hell, Manny has even tried it by getting his daughter in on the act to have a snide dig at Floyd.

But no mention from him to her about numerous accusations of him shagging countless women behind his wife's back though, or his political views in the Phillipines where he effectively thinks that women should be second-class citizens (no marriage rights, no rights to abortion, etc.). But yes, top bloke indeed.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-05-2015, 06:00.

Comment

Well DUH, of course the lawsuit is news. That's why I've posted about it in here. I LOVE that you think that my post about it has anything to do with anything you've come out with.

Am I not allowed to just post about it in here because I have an opinion on it?

Get over yourself, please.

Oh really is that what i thought? Guess you didn't read my last post as you are still at it...

Comedy genius.
                    Last edited by PaTaito; 06-05-2015, 08:31.

Comment

And since when has power been the only thing needed?
                      Its official now, you don't read properly and instead plug the gaps in your memory with absolute conjecture.

You and PaTaito and everybody can accuse Floyd of running away all you want
                      Can we? Nice one.

Hopefully admin will clear up this messy last couple of pages and we can get back to happily bashing MW for being a runner.
                      Last edited by PaTaito; 06-05-2015, 08:39.

Comment

This is the real fight of the century.

Comment

SCRAP! SCRAP! SCRAP SCRAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

To be fair MMA has legal use of knees and elbows, ground and pound with said elbows, choking out to the point of rigid unconsciousness, and did you see the Silva leg break?

I kinda agree about the clean knockout part, but often people take many hits before the ref jumps in...similar to boxing.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            This is the real fight of the century.
                            This IS a MW fan we are talking about here.
                            Last edited by PaTaito; 06-05-2015, 08:51.

Comment

Oh really is that what i thought? Guess you didn't read my last post as you are still at it...

Comedy genius.
                              So it wasn't then? You just decided to quote my post about the NAC's reaction to Manny's injury claims for no reason? LOL.

Somebody here is definitely dealing in comedy genius, that much is clear...

Its official now, you don't read properly and instead plug the gaps in your memory with absolute conjecture.
                              So now you're chiming in on dialogue I'm having with other posters in here?

And I'm the one who's dealing in conjecture/living in a fantasy land/can't read properly/etc.? Blimey.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-05-2015, 08:59.

Comment

This IS a MW fan we are talking about here.
                                Says the super-casual fight fan who seems to think that all real-life bouts should be like the Rocky films.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-05-2015, 09:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X