No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like De La Hoya's comeback fight last night was great, a true legend.
    Fairly sure it's not been/being shown over here

link (with result obviously)
    BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Ive noticed a lot of boxing matches appearing on newsgroups, so will check there for it, didnt even know it was on tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
        Sounds like De La Hoya's comeback fight last night was great, a true legend.
        Fairly sure it's not been/being shown over here

link (with result obviously)
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4974934.stm
        it was on sky early this morning wasnt it? Im sure they'll have a repeat on today sometime

Comment

Just about to start on sky sports 3.

Comment

Decent fight, De La Hoya truly outclassed the guy.

Comment

Mayorga's a nutter
              Man, he's one of the scariest boxers I've seen in a while. To go for those crazy swings in a professional bout is suicide, I mean with some of them he almost lost his balance and ended up on the canvas!

The American commentary is jokes too: "De La Hoya blocks punches with his gloves, Mayorga blocks them with his head"

Comment

Saw the fight yesterday, De La Hoya was on top form, like you say Marcus, no contest really.

Floyd Patterson died today

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Anyone watch the Hatton fight last night? I stumbled on the result this morning, and had intended to watch it, with that in mind is the fight still work a look? Sounds like a gruelling one for Hatton in the end.

Comment

Some Highlights Here

Ricky Vs Collazo

Close fight with Ricky scoring a kd in the first round, but almost being knocked out in the 12th.

Comment

Yeah i was reading about the fight this morning as well sounded like a good fight i think Hatton knocked him down in the first round as well.

Comment

Quick question, has anyone happened to catch any fights on TV with Chris Black in?

Comment

Ricky was very lucky to get the nod in my opinion, however
                          1)Collazo was underestimated ... BIG Time!!!

2) HBO loved the fight.

3) It was a cracking tear-up

So you have to say Ricky's US invasion was a a success.

But ... If it were up to me I would have Ricky fighting at Light Welterweight ... he cant impose himself on guys at 147

Comment

Amir Khan and Scott Harrison fights on ITV1 at 10.30 tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                              Amir Khan and Scott Harrison fights on ITV1 at 10.30 tonight.
                              Scott Harrison pulled out of his fight some time ago, and is currently receiving treatment in the Priory for alcoholism

Comment

didn't realise, ah well Amir Khan and someone else then

Comment

Working...
                                X