Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread-Good, Bad or Indifferent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New thread required - I see I've touched a raw nerve

Comment

I reckon being in a relationship slowly erodes the simplest of social skills.

This morning I went in a cafe with the missus, and, as usual, said "I'll get a table" while sending her off to the counter to get the teas. Sat down I suddenly thought, 'God I'm subconsciously avoiding going to the counter to have deal with strangers and orders." Momentarily panicking, I looked around the rest of the room. 5 blokes all sat down on their own. Ages ranged from 30s to 70s. 5 women at the counter getting served. One by one, the women chatted pleasantly to the assistants, then struggled back to their tables carrying trays laden with eats and drinks. Each bloke had a visible lack of relief on his face at this point.

Then my missus came back...

Any other peeps noticed this slow dependency on your other half to do all the social things that you had to do yourself, like answering the phone?

Comment

It's interesting you say that Prinny as I noticed it too. I guess for me perhaps it was different because due to my problems I am more dependent on someone - literally in that situation I CAN'T carry a tray of food, else my back would go and I would send food and beverage literally everywhere whilst making a complete tit of myself.

But even before things got too bad with me I used to get her to do a fair bit for me - She used to call the cab to go home from mine, if I went to hers SHE would call the cab for me etc. But then I think where I am concerned because my problems took me out of the world, in the aspect that I simply exist right now I don't live, I further compounded things by choosing to withdraw myself even further.

Comment

Originally posted by thebuddahman
          He's never had a girlfriend!

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
            I love the type that have to whisper 'are you alright?' to their bird every 10 seconds when they are at a mates house.

way to make her feel welcome, we're all going to gang rape you or something obviously
            That your take on it ? I always thought that was because the gent fears the fact that if his other half isn't enjoying herself and knows she won't say anything in front of his mates preferring to wait till they're alone then unleash merry hell. That's why he keeps asking - he doesn't believe the first assurance that she's fine !!!

Truth is half an hour later if he's not careful he'll find her upstairs in the bog with his mate hanging out her 'innit

Comment

Pah, I agree with you. One of my best friends I don't get to see often, so when I can we go out and play pool. EVERY time he says he has to leave after an hour as he has to be home. His missus must be some kind of control freak. Actually, I think she doesn't like him being out with me as she's just neglected all her friends. I hope he realises how 'inward' his life with her currently is sooner rather than later.
              YES - that is exactly it. Seen that so many times - relationship starts, woman cuts off ties with her mates for whatever reason and goes from seeing them weekly to hardly ever. Man is expected to do the same so if he doesn't the woman instead builds resentment against his mates which ultimately manifests itself one way or another.

They're ****ing mental. Fortunately, I learned from past relationships (as I guess/hope we all do) and have managed to keep this one from going daft like this.

So, all you heartachers (in 3 months it'll be someone else) just remember you should be glad for this - it SHOULD make you stronger and wiser in future relationships.

Comment

I once got dumped by a girl and I was feeling really down so I spoke to my friend about it and he said something very profound. He looked me in my teary eyes and said "love can be cruel but remember this, no matter what you achieve or who you love, you will die alone"

At first I thought "how spiteful!" But later, it hit me as to how true that statement is. It's a bitter pill to swallow, sure, but it's a fact of life. With that in mind, I embarked on my life long quest to not give a **** about anything or anybody.

I guess what he was trying to say is: Everyone is in the same boat. if you are lucky in love or unlucky, ultimately it counts for nothing as we all end up as a bunch of old dead bones in a graveyard.

Please don't listen to anything I say.
                Last edited by boxhead; 14-08-2006, 16:54.

Comment

I bet that really cheered you up.

Comment

Cheer up, if this whole Middle East thing works out like I hope, none of us will die alone.

And in the days before it happens, I'm going to get a ringtone like a air raid siren just to make people sh*t themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Applefiend
                      Cheer up, if this whole Middle East thing works out like I hope, none of us will die alone.
                      So you're hoping we all die? Charming.

Comment

Applefiend I see you live in New Zealand, would you like to swap?

Comment

Nah, just kidding, we're not allowed to die in a Nuclear War until Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out.

Originally posted by marcus
                          Applefiend I see you live in New Zealand, would you like to swap?
                          No.

Comment

You should shag her best friend/most attractive friend, that'll learn her!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                              So you're hoping we all die? Charming.
                              Life would be so much easier if we all blindly followed Sharia Law.

Comment

Pah, I agree with you. One of my best friends I don't get to see often, so when I can we go out and play pool. EVERY time he says he has to leave after an hour as he has to be home. His missus must be some kind of control freak. Actually, I think she doesn't like him being out with me as she's just neglected all her friends. I hope he realises how 'inward' his life with her currently is sooner rather than later.
                                Sounds like someone i know very well. Gutted.

Comment

Working...
                                X