Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a thread revival as it's been a bit quiet recently. Finally got all the parts i needed to make takoyaki today & it's been quite a few months since i last treat myself to some crispy balls. Although im not using octopus that much nowdays, i shall use prawns instead as i kind of feel guilty eating octopus even though i love the subtle taste. Prawns will do, today will be ebiyaki if such a thing exists hehe.

Shall post a pic or two later.

Comment

googling takoyaki is making me hungry and I've only just eaten!

Comment

Considering the how long the last time was since i made them they turned out pretty much trouble free, yay cooking skill retained lol they usually stick to the pan like a bitch.

They tasted amazing & they were guilt free thanks to the prawns

Before

During

After

Thanks to the wooden disposable serving plates i caould finally live my dream of having proper takoyaki, or as proper as i can get them outside Japan. Such a pain trying to find things to put them in as they usually roll all over the place on a plate hehe.

Comment

Just spent the evening making chilli jam, now have a litre jar full of the stuff. First time ever making it so im not sure how it will turn out but it looks like it's going to set, taste is a different matter lol.

Comment

I never know what the hell the stuff you make is Importaku, but it always looks absolutely delicious, nice work.

Comment

Cooked something I haven't for the first time in a long time tonight.

Rack of lamb cutlets in a chilli flake and minty rub, baked onion in fennel seeds with balsamic glaze with basil and sweet and new potatoes cooked in the lamb oil with mint and parsley on a baby leaf salad. First time I have eaten lamb in 15 years and I quite like it

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                I never know what the hell the stuff you make is Importaku, but it always looks absolutely delicious, nice work.
                Ah thankyou

Also nice to see ETC joining in again i love looking at what you cook up in the kitchen, like it when everyone posts pics of what they have been doing.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Ah thankyou

Also nice to see ETC joining in again i love looking at what you cook up in the kitchen, like it when everyone posts pics of what they have been doing.
                  Thanks bud I love your Japanese fare too in fact your stuff looks better than the stuff I ate in Tokyo last year

I'm back to being carb lite at the minute so...

Tasty favourite of mine at the minute.

bacon with peppers, onion, chilli, asparagus, mushroom , baby plum toms and a 3 egg omelette with a small amount of sharp cheddar through it rolled up with chilled avocado and topped with pyro powder (home made chile salt)

nom nom nom

(oh and 600kcal (same as a pre packed sandwich)

Comment

Few odds and sods

Steak, cavolo Nero and baked sweet potato

Hangover cure, bacons, potato, mushrooms, onion, cavolo Nero and a poached egg

Brisket, collared greens and a yorkie

nom

Comment

Looking awesome as ever im hoping the yorkie means yorkshire pudding and not that the shredded meat isn't what i think it is (woof)

Comment

I'd scran all of that, even though I've just had a takeaway..........

Comment

Tonight's tea

Farm sausages, rustic mash, greens and yp with onion gravy

tasty

Comment

Comment

Made some lazy chicken curry with a store bought jar of stuff called 'mango chili'

Wasn't very pleasant. Too much cumin (I think that's' what it's called in English)

Comment

Whatever happened to Big Seany anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X