Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Ha! I had a baked camembert the other day, not beard friendly.
    Too true mate, they should invent something for us

Comment

Sister got me a book stand for the kitchen

Comment

I think this cook book potential wins this thread, how to cook dishes found within video games

Comment

Made a variety of treats for a bento box last night. Excuse photographing it on my knee.

Top left is takoyaki (octopus and pickled ginger in a batter that includes powdered bonito and mackerel (couldn't get any octopus so it is squid and prawns)). Top right is edamame. Below that is fried tofu steak with banno soy sauce (soy sauce cooked with mirin and kombu) and ginger. The bottom left is a marinated teriyaki steak skewer and a pile of failed takoyaki (forgot to oil the takoyaki pan for one batch).

Washed down with Yebisu beer.

Comment

Bento looks brilliant, yum.

Comment

New Cooker Get

my my old one was taking longer and longer so screw it
              Last edited by ETC; 10-01-2015, 19:24.

Comment

Was at my two friends new cafe today, and we grabbed two platters, cheese and charcuterie. Should have probably taken a pic before we ate any of it as the presentation was lovely, but man it was delicious.

Comment

Looks good, where is it?

some updates with my new toy (loving the new cooker)

cottage he pie and assorted veg

mushroom stir fry with almonds and kimchee

Homemade pasta, peas, asparagus, mozzarella and pecorino with a homemade marinara

Halloumi and Aubergine curry with broccoli cauliflower rice with pomegranate and coriander

Comment

The pasta looks delicious.

Friends cafe is in my village in Scotland. They're doing this as a Burn's special, cheese and haggis panini, it is single handedly responsible for my diet being absolutely in tatters rights now, absolutely tremendous.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      The pasta looks delicious.

Friends cafe is in my village in Scotland. They're doing this as a Burn's special, cheese and haggis panini, it is single handedly responsible for my diet being absolutely in tatters rights now, absolutely tremendous.

Cheers bud, ironically the easiest thing to make there probably

It looks it too (tremendous) although I hate things presented on slate, every high end place seems to do that now. That does however look great. I prefer a mahoosive old bowl of soup though

Comment

So much amazing food in the last few posts.

First time in ages that i have been well enough & in the mood to cook, well sort of cook as i don't think boiling rice classes much as cooking. I needed to find many uses for boiled sushi rice as it's one of the few things i seem to be able to eat without my body going into full protest. Been going through bowlfuls with assorted furikake to make it taste decent.

Had a lot of rice left over so i made some inarizushi, can't believe i managed to find aburaage in Leeds. Made a small batch of soy & mirin seasoning to mix in with the rice then stuffed the teeny tiny tofu pockets with it. Managed to put yo sushi's inari pockets to shame on my first try, looks like i'll be making them at home from now on.

Yeah they look like glazed slugs lol but they taste amazing.

Comment

Looking good mate.

Its cold, snowing and generally **** outside so I had to have this for tea

Roasted mushrooms, roast tomato sauce with balsamic glaze, smoked back bacon, black pudding and pork sausages, pate on toast and scrambled eggs

was top!

Comment

Tasty Nigel slater recipe

pasta with shallots, fennel, feta and basil

lush

Comment

Valentine's day meal for the wife

Part one - complete

Comment

Pork sexy

Pork belly
                                Bonus pork rib (I love butchers joints)