Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a while since i cooked anything proper, spotted a picture on imgur of someones attempt at pineapple bowl teriyaki chicken, it looked so nice that i was determined to have a go at making it. The cooking comes later but i have gotten as far as carving the pineapple bowls to serve it in, the idea been the juice from the pineapple soaks into the teriyaki chicken and rice. Will also have pineapple chunks mixed in.

Seems i have a knack for bowl carving hehe

Makes a change from always cooking Japanese stuff, although i have no idea where the recipe comes from. I'm going to guess with a mix of pineapple and teriyaki that Hawaii is a good culprit. Will do a proper pic later when it's finished.

Comment

Nailed it, the delights of pineapple bowl teriyaki chicken. Will season the rice with wari****a next time i think.

Not bad for a first attempt just going from a pic i found online hehe.

Comment

Top notch presentation as ever Importaku, looks mighty tasty.

Comment

Ah thanks,

i never realised pineapple goes so well with teriyaki till i tasted it, it really was tasty. Gives me a few avenues i can explore with combining those 2 things with other stuff, noodles might work well instead of rice.

Comment

You've lost me there, I can't handle sweet noodles!

Comment

I love the combo of sweet and salty savoury stuff.

Comment

That looks fantastic.

Comment

Picanha steak for tea tonight, with flash fried kale and shrooms,
                  toms and asparagus dusted in Parmesan (lush and paleo!)

Comment

Made some sliders, pain in the arse they were. Not bad though

Comment

I'll never understand downsizing a hamburger. Upsize, UPSIZE!!!!

Comment

Totally agree, ETC you've got the meat to bread ratio totally wrong, more meat less roll!

DIY Peri Peri Chicken kebabs here tonight, along with the new McCains Beef Flavoured Fries and a couple of slices of fresh crusty bread, nothing fancy but yum.

Comment

Never heard of those fries, they sound kind of nice. Impressions please?

Comment

Thought those Beef flavour ones are really nice, they also do some Salt & Black Pepper ones which I wasn't so keen on.
                            Couple of quid a bag in all the usual supermarkets.

Speaking of food, who will be first to try out these Milky Way toasties?

Last edited by VR46; 11-05-2015, 18:14.

Comment

The morning after the night before

Comment

I'd devour that right now. Can't drive due to last nights boozing, and have no fry up food in the house. That has to be a good business idea, fry up takeaway!

Comment

Working...
                                X