Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've eaten my tea and am still starving. Just found out that our lass is still stuck in Scotland and will not be back till the very early hours at best. Is it wrong to eat her pizza as well?

Comment

No, to let it go cold is wrong. She'll understand

Comment

Just spoke to her now, and the very earliest she will arrive at stansted is 1.25am. I reckon it's time to finish the wine off and turn the oven on again.

Comment

Been over in Leeds for a meeting all day so it was either chippy or Chinese.

Chinese won - Carlsberg don't do Chinese take-away's but if they did it would be our local.

Chicken & Prawn chop suey
          Beef with ginger and spring onion
          Prawn crackers.

Comment

with all the talk of chinese I may leave the pizza and nip up the road and get some chilli/salt squid.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
              with all the talk of chinese I may leave the pizza and nip up the road and get some chilli/salt squid.
              Yeah you know it makes sense.

While we are on the subject, non interesting fact alert.

Well you know how generally westerners on arrival in say a foreign country might seek out a KFC/Mac emporium to get some nosebag before they get themselves acquainted with the local area and where/what to eat, well the Japanese tend to seek out Chinese take-aways/restaurants when they are on their travels, as just like MacDonald's you can find them everywhere.

Comment

I made my pie. Steak and mushroom. And red wine of course. Was quite tasty and not too bad for a first attempt. Made it into a clock but got carried away with the numerals Gonna make an apple and cinnamon one tomorrow

Comment

Tonight: either the gammon we were going to have yesterday, or if we go out: a kebab

Comment

Tonight: either the gammon we were going to have yesterday, or if we go out: a kebab

Comment

Tonight will be curry, cobra, naan bread and Xbox live. C.F.W.

Comment

my trip to wagamamas involved gyoza and yaki soba

Comment

tonight i shall be doing mushroom tagliatelle. mine shall also have some kind of fish in it, my girlfriend's won't as she doesn't like fish

Comment

I'll be having a liquid dinner, Winter Beer Festival tonight. Some nice thick stouts will fill me up...

Comment

Got wagamama gear up the road - had a superior stir fry last week (I even made prawn crackers !)

Top stuff !

Today is Friday so I'll have something hearty for lunch (probs fish & chips w/beans as fish is on every Friday - some catholic thing I believe ) and wash it down with some Magners or other lager-based consumable when I get out of here later today - If anything, pizza later.

Comment

Originally posted by wicky View Post
                                my trip to wagamamas involved gyoza and yaki soba
                                Good choices.

Last night I only had a litre of apple juice. Tonight I'm working late, so I might do a late lunch at the Chinese to fill me up with rice, then figure out something snacky later on. Maybe I'll make some fresh soup.

Comment

Working...
                                X