Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought some tofu for Wednesday's extravaganza but didn't want to get ahead of myself so didn't use it. Gonna try frying it tonight. It's medium so I hope it's ok. Better buy a spatula, too, lest it end up mushy like the eggs did

Comment

Tonight's tofu was sponsored by Kopparberg Mixed Fruits:

It's basically the lite version of Wednesday's meal.

I just heated some water, chucked in a bit of miso paste, soy sauce and the vegetables from before(Tesco bag of stir fry veg), then lastly those Sainsbury's basics noodles. I put some ginger and garlic in with the tofu and also a dash of Jamaican chilli sauce for a laugh. The tomato slices were raw and I feel like I should have fried them a bit.

And, yes, those are Darth Vader chop sticks. They're as awesome to use as they look. Shame they don't light up but I'm not interested in trying to mod some leds in there(believe me, I have considered it but they'd just break and cost quite a bit)

Comment

That looks quality Billy

Comment

Cheers.

The tofu was nice. I've realised the Japanese restaurant industry has been pulling the wool over our eyes and this stuff is really easy when you think about it. Tomorrow I'm gonna slice some fugu. Wish me luck!

Comment

Does tofu really belong in the food thread?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
              Does tofu really belong in the food thread?
              Why would it not?

And Billy erm that would be interesting, was nice knowing you

Comment

It's not food.

Comment

It is when I fry it.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                    It's not food.
                    2 pictures above say otherwise, not that I would expect someone with that attitude to appreciate.
                    It's not food

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                      Tonight's tofu was sponsored by Kopparberg Mixed Fruits:

It's basically the lite version of Wednesday's meal.

I just heated some water, chucked in a bit of miso paste, soy sauce and the vegetables from before(Tesco bag of stir fry veg), then lastly those Sainsbury's basics noodles. I put some ginger and garlic in with the tofu and also a dash of Jamaican chilli sauce for a laugh. The tomato slices were raw and I feel like I should have fried them a bit.

And, yes, those are Darth Vader chop sticks. They're as awesome to use as they look. Shame they don't light up but I'm not interested in trying to mod some leds in there(believe me, I have considered it but they'd just break and cost quite a bit)
                      The tofu looks excellent billy. When cooked properly tofu is all kinds of aceness. Loving the chop sticks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                        Excellent work Billy on the dish, looks rather tasty iondeed, just a heads up they now sell light up versions of those chopsticks as i saw the preorder on the ncsx website.

Comment

Just finished scoffing down an 'ikobo special'. Full.

Take note Evil, man sized portion!

Comment

LOL rice to topping ratio is waay off, im suprised if you can move after such a hearty portion hehe. Looks pretty tasty though. So what is an "Ikobo special" pray tell?

Comment

Nah, must just be the angle of the pic, if anything there was too much rice. Chicken marinated overnight, super spicy hot stuff used, bung in the oven for 20 minutes and comes out awesomely succulent. Chestnut mushrooms, red peppers and onion stuck in foil with fantastic crushed chillis that only seems to be available at the co-op. Thend stick in the george foreman grill for about ten mins. Fling it all in a bowl with the leftover marinade and mix up, chuck it over some rice and whammo, good feed.

Comment

Sounds rather good, im pretty hungry. Wish there was wonkavision for real so i could reach through the screen & give it a try hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X