Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy and boring for me

Tonight - Xmas Eve
    Slow roasted Duck, veg and roasties done in the duck fat

Xmas Day
    Pork Belly with homemade bread, mash and veg on the side

Boxing Day
    Merguez pasta with rapini

Comment

Boxing Day sounds ace.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
        Boxing Day sounds ace.
        Ill post some pics fancy posting some

Comment

How easy is it to pics on here from my ipad?

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
            How easy is it to pics on here from my ipad?
            Very if you use photobucket and upload there first (there is an app)

Comment

My Xmas Dinner

Sous Vide Belly Pork (I bought it pre done)Cabbage and tasty buttery mash

Tasty + easy

Comment

[IMG]

My Christmas table. Porchetta, garlic sprouts, roast spuds, vichy carrots, the thing in the middle is the veggie option.

Comment

Bored so made some firecracker cheese scones

Spice + cheese

Comment

Today have the day off work and feel like cooking, so i have decided to do a huge pan of french onion soup from scratch. Perfect for this cold weather.

Those scones look all kinds of amazing, my mouth is watering just looking at them.

Comment

So. 18 onions chopped and ringed, 80 minutes cooking time... and I end up with....

Half a lousy jar of caramelised onions

just as as well I know they are worth it

Comment

Thats the same problem when doing onion soup you have them brimming over the top of the pan & then 40 mins later you're left with hardly anything just a small amount of a brown mush. There's no quick way in getting those caramelized treats

Gone all hawaiian this afternoon making spam tamagoyaki musubi's for packed lunch tomorrow at work. Boring cheese sandwhich can piss right off hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Thats the same problem when doing onion soup you have them brimming over the top of the pan & then 40 mins later you're left with hardly anything just a small amount of a brown mush. There's no quick way in getting those caramelized treats

Gone all hawaiian this afternoon making spam tamagoyaki musubi's for packed lunch tomorrow at work. Boring cheese sandwhich can piss right off hehe.

Spam and egg omelette sushi? Tasty

Comment

Spam is an amazing ingredient when used in a musubi, slices are fried till crisp then glazed in the pan with home made teriyaki sauce. Using a musubi press you layer sushi rice, sweet omlette & spam, finishing off with more rice then press down in the mould till it forms into a block then wrap the ouside with a strip of nori.

I was sceptical when i first read the recipe but the spam transformation is amazing, the combination of sweet & salty is so moreish i rarely can leave them alone once i have made a batch.

The best food hawaii has even invented, well that & moco loco

Comment

Tonights tea was katsu curry (lol again) loads of veg in there plus the tiniest hint of sweetness from the honey. It paired well with the sweet potato korokke i did to go with it.

Comment

All my panko is going to expire soon so another week of korokke is in progress, made up some corned beef & onion filling. Probably have enough made to last all week lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X