No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on guys, we need to get those arty juices flowing!

I posted this one previously but took it down again because it wasn't finished, but here it is again - still not finished - but certainly further along then before. I'm hoping to finish this in a couple of days so i'll upload the finished drawing then. Just to add, i've never been taught how to draw, I have absolutely no idea how to draw animals correctly so every time I put pen or pencil to paper it's a learning curve but i think i'm finally - hopefully - getting there. Fingers crossed!

Unfinished: Fed up & worn out...
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by crocky-chocky View Post

Only just seen this and I am blown away (as I am by everything in this thread). I love pixel art!

Do you do prints or sell these anywhere?

Comment

I originally posted this a week ago, but I've made some wee changes since then and finished it off.

a humble gift....

I'm currently working on a portrait of my uncle's daughter (don't usually draw people portraits so it's bloody hard. I may post my work-in-progress but it'll be a little embarrassing!) and still working on that pug drawing posted above and also drawing my grandfather's Aston Martin DB6 1966 (and i never draw cars so that's proving a wee bit tricky!). Also have a couple of other random ideas sketched out first things first :-)

So... Anyone got anything to share?

Comment

Adam, I've said it before, but awesome stuff! keep it up.

Did a quick sketch cos bored at work. Bit rusty as I havent drawn anything (apart from the obligatory male genitals on my colleagues notebook) for yonks!

Comment

Really like that mate. For a quick sketch, that's very nice indeed. That's something I don't do enough of anymore, sketching. I get too frustrated with myself and don't like to see things not to my highest standard, which isn't a good thing because I would improve so much more If i spent a little time each day sketching objects and practicing techniques. I tend to go from one project to the next, with little playtime in between.

*thinks*

...I suppose my Plar characters are sketches, but apart from that my most recent sketch was A Rooted Silence:

I literally came running out of the shower and drew the whole thing with my towel still around me! ha. I love drawing in biro pen.

Anyhoo... I haven't posted my newest picture yet so thought i'd post that in here. It's my grandfather's old classic. I'm not a car person myself, but I really really enjoyed drawing this.

This was drawn on ‘smooth bristol board’ paper with a black biro pen, and then shaded layer after layer with 2B, 3B and 9B graphite pencils. Also used watercolours for the background and then tidied things up digitally.

I've been working hard on realism recently, really trying to create multiple layers of texture by going over and over shadow by shading and then blending, and then repeat. Over the past few months I've learnt that a picture truly can be transformed simply by applying the right lighting and shadow. Also mixing and combing various materials: like pencil, pen, watercolours etc can create all those different types of looks that are generally quite hard to create.

Anyhoo! Working on a portrait of my uncle's daughter at the moment, god i hate drawing people in portrait form. I spent over 40hours on my original attempt but today had to completely start again because it wasn't looking right. Thankfully though, my new attempt is looking much better (i think, well, hope).

Merry Christmas all :-)

Comment

That picture of the car is just stunning. Amazing work mate.

Comment

Thank you matey

It took quite a few hours but i'm chuffed with the result. You do any arty bits ezee mate?

Comment

Thread Bump-O!

Frank Zappa saves me from yet another illustration lull. I'm going to focus on original ideas in the future, but just fancied a crack at some dramatic lighting!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                    Thank you matey

It took quite a few hours but i'm chuffed with the result. You do any arty bits ezee mate?
                    Ah man, I didn't see this reply. D'OH!

I don't have an artistic bone in my body mate! I just like to appreciate good art by people like yourself.

crocky-chocky, that is awesome mate!

Comment

very nice Crocky-Chocky! luv the fact you didnt cheat and copy&paste the lil frets, but rather, did them individually.........

nice luse of shading!

Comment

That just looks amazing crocky. Like its coming alive on the screen!!

Comment

Cheers folks!

Glad you noticed the frets, 112. I'd have just copy and pasted it back in the day, but having no deadline means I take time to do stuff like that individually...Perhaps too much time.

Comment

Here is something I doodled whilist on holiday, I was in a sci fi mood

Comment

Nice, I wish I could draw.

Comment

Figured this'd be worth a post. Went to visit my Bro and his family in Japan a coupla months back. Made this to say thanks for the best of times...

My first attempt at a little cardboard collage. A thankyou message cleverly disguised as me posing in an advert for a fictional drink!!!111. Uh, yeah...I hope they get it.

Wish I took a better photo before sending it like.

Comment

Working...
                                X