No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I have a thing about city skylines. I'm always doodling them.
    I've been making my own little city in google sketchup for fun and I got obsessed with taking screenshots of the one from the title screen of Mirrors edge a couple of months back

Comment

Awesome that whitescape. Loved the art style of ME.

I also go giddy for skylines. Would love a pixel art Akihabara.

You should do me it right now

Comment

Wow, really nice Boris! Nicely made and the layout is great. Really nice composition. Love it.

Here's a quick simple Star Trek one I just did. Still meaning to post that Venus pic. I'll get that up in a bit.

Comment

Wish I could draw amazing stuff, only thing I'll ever be able to draw is my old age pension (hopefully)

Comment

I notice they are all in Card format, you trying to get into Clintons?

I would of pixelated his crotch. Can you pixelate pixels easily?!

Comment

I guess they are all sort of card format! That's just the iPad dimensions so it just tends to go that way.

Here's that Venus pic. It looks better without the speech but makes no sense without it...

Oh and yes, there are limits when it comes to drawing crotches and details with pixels. Illustrated in this -

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 13-03-2012, 19:31.

Comment

My new favourite thread.

Comment

This pixel stuff is brilliant, there's money to be made for some of you.............

Comment

Dogg Thang, if you're on FB you should send the Trek one to George Takei. I bet he'd post it. You'd be famous!

@EB: Love the skyline. Despite the mountain, it made me think of the Streets of Rage intro. Also, try Tiny Pixel. It's great. Has all the necessary drawing tools and also lets you copy/paste/rotate/etc. Up to 512x512 canvas.

Just started this. Dunno how far I'll get but hoping to do all the characters:

It was only a matter of time before I'd start something Street Fighter-y

Comment

Heh, on your suggestion I posted it on his wall. Though by the looks of it, it would be needle in a haystack stuff - he's a popular man! So no idea if he'd ever see it. Still, worth a go!

Nice SF characters! And I love that you drew Big Bird's legs to the left of the top row. Looking forward to seeing Blanka. There's an app called Edge Pixels on the iPhone that would be great for those because it saves your colours as a palette. Just change it in the palette and it will change them throughout your image. Unfortunately there is no iPad version. I mailed the dev about it once and he says it's a hobby and he doesn't really have the time. Shame as it's one of the best pixel apps I've seen.

Comment

Loving the pixel work! Borris, that city scene is awesome!

Dogg, i have been sharing your awesome Nintendo Letters doodles with the misses and the little one, they both agree you are flipping brilliant man. You should share them on here, some of them are amazing!
                        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Oh, and im allowed to share that im officially an environmental artist as well as level designer now (even tho i was prettying levels anyway, haha ) - so I cant wait for you guys to see what i've been pouring my heart into! :-D
                          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Congrats Adam! That's great news!

I really have neglected Letterbox lately. I must get back to that... Not sure if there's a way to share them here, is there?

Comment

This one's for you, Dogg Thang. I'm not planning on posting a pic every time I finish two characters but you mentioned Blanka, so...

I need to do something about his teeth in the third row. They're more distinct on the iPad screen but on this PC I can't see them. I might make them the same browny colour as the eyes in a nod to Capcom's palette-swapping(like Ryu's grey teeth in Champion Edition ).

Hilariously, I googled everyone's heights so that they'd be... accurate. Well, relatively, anyway.

Comment

Excellent! Brilliant Honda too.

Comment

Working...
                                X