Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers! He reminds me of the old QBasic gorillas

Comment

Chunners looks great in her first palette! (others good too but that's the best).

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Congrats Adam! That's great news!

I really have neglected Letterbox lately. I must get back to that... Not sure if there's a way to share them here, is there?

Can you add me for some 3DS antics?

Comment

Added! And I sent the first letter I have done in a long time. Too many letters to read!

Edit: oh and did I post this one yet? It's the TERROR OF GODZILLA!!!

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 15-03-2012, 19:09.

Comment

^^ Love it! The bird is the icing on the cake

Finally finished it this afternoon(click for non-resized original):

Wanted a background block because white isn't really helping but no colour I choose looks right, and I cba bunging it in PS and adding a cool gradient or something
            Last edited by randombs; 17-03-2012, 22:05.

Comment

I particularly like Zangief
              Vega looks cool too.

I've spent the last few hours doing this

Sunset Valley by EvilBoris, on Flickr

I'm quite proud of this, I've tried painting landscapes in Photoshop as high resolution images, but they just looked like pre school paintings, this is a significant improvement.
              Last edited by EvilBoris; 17-03-2012, 22:55.

Comment

Jesus H. How'd you do the grass?

Comment

More importantly how are any of you doing this? If using a pc what is the best way to start? Any guides online?

Comment

Billy, the SF characters turned out fantastic. I particularly love Sagat and Dhalsim. You're right that a background could really help. So on to Super SF2 now then?

Boris, that is fantastic. Did you build that up pixel by pixel or were you using other methods too? The sky looks amazing - I wouldn't even know where to start doing that a pixel at a time. It's beautiful work no matter what methods you used. Lovely.

Stoppy, Billy and I are working on iPads and I think Boris is on PC using Photoshop. As for the best ways to start, well, once you decide on a programme (Boris can probably help you there), just get doodling and see what happens! I'm sure there are tricks and proven methods but I haven't yet looked for any. I might do now though to deepen my understanding of the pixel process, especially looking at Boris' sky.

Comment

I wanted to stop at SF2 but now I'm thinking it's only four more characters, isn't it(five if I do Akuma)?

Characters became easier/quicker to draw as I went along because I'd settled on the style after a few and reused bits(esp. colours). Only problem I see with doing Super is the number of costumes there'd be(eight?). I might do just one row of Super Turbo and do everyone's 1P costume(or pick a random non-SF2 one for each).

Comment

Well I think you should stick with the 1P costumes, which for Super would be the same as the originals if I remember correctly.

Comment

Thanks guys.
                          I'm in Photoshop just using the pencil tool and custom made pixel sized brushes, the greenery was a 3x1px custom brush set to scatter.

This is how I built it up
                          [IMG]

Then started to add the detail

[IMG]

Comment

I had no idea what this picture was going to be as I was doing it, even up to the end really. But what it turned out to be was a Galactic Cow Explorer on the search for ancient ruins of a lost cow civilisation as he and his robot companion finally come close to his goal...

Comment

^^ Awesome as usual! I want to try doing some pixel art like that with actual gradients, I think that'll be my next project.

I did this at my Grandma's this afternoon while the West Ham match was on:

Don't read too much into the subject matter - the fact I was at my Grandma's had nothing to do with the outcome. One thing just led to another

I've nearly finished the Super SF2 guys, too. Had to redo the colouring a bit because I didn't want adjacent characters with similar colours but also wanted specific colours for some characters(e.g. Ken's green outfit). Luckily I have my old SF Anniversary guidebook which shows all the costumes and I've just been working off that.

Comment

I hope what I am going to post isnt swaying too far off of topic. I used to draw alot, but havnt really been at it much recently. I spend most of my time in 3D modelling packages. I thought Id share a one of my Gundam Models, created in 3DS Max. I initially created the model from paint sheets that I sourced online, then using lots of reference photos of existing kits I modelled the fella. I tried to replicate it as much as I could and at the same time throwing some variation in. This is actually quite an old model. Im going to re-visit it, and change its armor, and make it more aggressive looking.

I bloody love mecha Im working on a fresh GP01FB at the moment, Ive finished my first pass on the armor, and now spicing it up. If nothing gets in my way, I will try and post up the finished piece soon.

I will also try and post up some of my art work at some point.

Here are some basic renders of the MS-18E Kampfer Model;

Comment

Working...
                                X