No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started doing a little moonlight scene last night, I'm getting there, but I need to sort out the contrast and lighting I think
    Attached Files

Comment

You guys

Comment

This was the sketch I did last night, but I think it's lost something already

photo-(1).gif

Comment

The sketch is lovely. It's a really natural line and has loads of soul. The moonlit scene version is great too - it's very different because the positive space has basically been flipped to negative due to the lighting. That makes it nice and crisp and moody but I wonder if that's what is making you think it's lost something? Personally I think they're both great but I suspect you could also do a lovely version in maybe early evening light that shows more of the detail that's in the sketch.

Comment

So I've just nicked a stylus that came with a carry case for the missus's phone and things have become much easier in procreate. I'm just doodling, pictures are mainly experimentations with the various different features etc so essentially everything looks pants.

I do find myself drawing stick figures in fighting poses as found in many old Japanese martial arts densho. Might have a crack at replicating the whole look and feel of an old scroll..

Comment

castlev2.png
              Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              The sketch is lovely. It's a really natural line and has loads of soul. The moonlit scene version is great too - it's very different because the positive space has basically been flipped to negative due to the lighting. That makes it nice and crisp and moody but I wonder if that's what is making you think it's lost something? Personally I think they're both great but I suspect you could also do a lovely version in maybe early evening light that shows more of the detail that's in the sketch.
              Thanks Dawg, I've tried a different mood in this one.
              I think I actually prefer the slightly more natural looking paintic for this lighting than the flatter one I tried first, I might actually try integrating the sketch into this one, maybe redraw it a little neater.

You'll have to excuse my photo seawater, it's a placeholder til I can figure out the best way to paint a replacement

Comment

I've done a little more to it tonight, it's looking a bit better I think now. Just trying to work out how I can add a little more detail, but I'm not sure how.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by EvilBoris; 17-07-2012, 21:53.

Comment

I'm gonna be at the new flat this weekend with no telly so planning on taking the iPad and doing some stuff. Love it, EB.

Comment

That's really lovely, Boris. Turned out fantastic. The colours are great and I love that we can see lights going up that rock like they're torches - a nice touch. Really good work.

Comment

In case any of you are interested... (Charles, please delete this if it's considered spammage)

I'm running a little design contest for the logo of my company:

$299 to the winner, minus some contest hosting fee for the website. It's only running for a few days.

Inside info: I like the following entries from previous contests:
                      After receiving 28 concepts from 6 designers, Michtomass chose this eye-catching design by SAOStudio.

After receiving 204 concepts from 4 designers, Tmeynink chose this eye-catching design by BasantMishra.

Comments on the designs so far?
                      Anybody have any good ideas?

Comment

I like the one with the purple Quantum and orange Toast - something about it just makes me happy - although the interference curve makes me think of Squiddly Diddly or Spongebob!

I also like some of the ones by nyenyes, the ones that aren't YouTubey.

I'm not a designer at all but I've signed up anyway. Hopefully my Physics degree will come in handy for a logo about quantum... toast

Comment

Cool. Yeah, I like #14, but not sure about the squiggly ones from Tcolpus.

Comment

I'm working on this rough thingy:

It's meant to look like typical quantum state notation with the brackets and bar. Still not too sure how I feel about the toast writing but it's made from actual Physics symbols. I also chose red and blue because they're quark colours(the other being green). So basically it's pretty geeky if you know what you're looking at, but doesn't exclude you if you don't.

Wondering about how to get some semblance of an interference wave in there.

I doubt I'll even enter it, I'm using gimp ffs

Comment

I just got a new iPad from work, so I can give some iPad arting another try

Comment

Welcome to the big league

Comment

Working...
                                X