• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome.

Comment

Re: The Art Thread

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I always look forward to seeing your posts in this thread, Thang!

That's great!
      Indeed. I'd like to live in the worlds Jay creates.

Comment

You know, FSW... on reflection, that's just about the best compliment I could ever hope to receive. Thank you and merry Christmas!

Comment

That Goomba is awesome, hat!

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Somewhat wintery but mostly it's a fantasy epic. Beyond the Lair of the Ice Cyclops...

Lovely illustration again, Dogg. Hope you are working in that field as your work is sublime!

Comment

Thanks as always for the lovely comment, Kit!

Here's a word from the thoughtful bunny...

Comment

Finally got a bigger pegboard, so now I can make bigger sprites. Took advantage of this to make Samus from the amazing Metroid 2. Also got a bad guy from Mole Mania, Monty from the same game, Marin from Link's Awakening (she looks **** because I placed her the wrong side up), and finally a Boo from SMW - my first non-GB sprite. I got a little tub of different colours so I could finally start making some SNES sprites etc. Unfortunately, there's basically nothing I can make with the limited colours I have. The SNES had a LOT of colours it could potentially use, and pretty much every sprite uses multiple shades of the same colour. Sets of mixed Hama beads are almost always one shade of each colour only. Buying 1000 bead bags of each individual colour I need is going to be expensive

Comment

Have you ever seen the photos floating around of the guy making the R-Type mural with these? It looks amazing.

Comment

I've seen a guy who did the world map from Chrono Trigger. I've no idea how they have the patience or money to do it.

Comment

Actually took this picture during the day this time (thanks to jet lag, I am finally awake in the day and asleep at night now )

Put in an N64 cart so you can see how big they are. I didn't realise how big they are myself until I started making them. I'd like to get some mini hama beads and boards, but they're harder to get hold of. Would like to make a set of Pokemon gym leader badges, but with these beads, they'd be far too massive.

Finally got enough colours to do a few more SNES sprites (although I ran out of white making a bigger Master System sprite). I plan to eventually make all the item sprites from Link to the Past, and maybe mount them on black card like this: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...80-d3dzmgo.jpg

Although looking at that, I've just realised that I've made the sprites as they appear in the overworld. Sprites on the status screen are different. ****!

Comment

Not exactly 'art', just a 'shop but anyway, gf had her first driving lesson today so I made this last night as a good luck pressie:

I was worried it was too goofy but she told me she remembered the picture when she got nervous and it made her relax so job done

I made the G from the R in Kart and the bottom of the U. The U is resized from the smaller one and cleaned up to look proper. I edited the purple horizons on the resized/created letters to match the existing ones. Wanted to properly turn her into the Princess but my skills evaded me at the crucial moment so just made the hair black, otherwise I would've had to edit the other three drivers to match the art style.

Comment

Surely there's a Mario Kart font out there you could have used?

Comment

Working on a complete set of Link to the Past items (this time using actual menu sprites, not in-game sprites), oh and a Samus.

And a hundred points to anyone who knows what game this is from:

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post

Finally got a bigger pegboard, so now I can make bigger sprites. Took advantage of this to make Samus from the amazing Metroid 2. Also got a bad guy from Mole Mania, Monty from the same game, Marin from Link's Awakening (she looks **** because I placed her the wrong side up), and finally a Boo from SMW - my first non-GB sprite. I got a little tub of different colours so I could finally start making some SNES sprites etc. Unfortunately, there's basically nothing I can make with the limited colours I have. The SNES had a LOT of colours it could potentially use, and pretty much every sprite uses multiple shades of the same colour. Sets of mixed Hama beads are almost always one shade of each colour only. Buying 1000 bead bags of each individual colour I need is going to be expensive

I want that Boo the ghost! Lovely stuff with the bowser key as well, noobish.

Can't remember if you've done it before but have you created the flute from Super Mario Bros 3?

I'll try to get some of my stuff posted this weekend.

Comment

That's the boss key from Lttp! You should know that now!

I've not done any Mario 3 stuff yet, I'm lacking some colours.

I might get some glow in the dark beads, then I can make glow in the dark Boos

Comment

I googled Mario Kart font and could only find one for the DS/Wii ones which I don't like and wouldn't work, then I got bored of searching. Plus it was fun making the letters myself.

How do you make these gorgeous beady things? Do you heat them up or is it pure gluing skill? They look quite big so what do you do with them after you've made them? Are you planning a huge Nintendo shrine?

Comment

Working...
                                X