No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it will always bring up your most searched terms, Boris. Go easy on those google images.

Comment

I turn off Safe Search too, for extra kicks.

Comment

I don't suppose you guys know any artists similar in style to Alphonse Mucha? I have a couple of Mucha canvasses for the new house, but i'm looking for more similar work. I realise it's a bit of a different art direction to what goes on in here, but still, someone may know!

Comment

Henri Privat-Livemont?

Comment

I'd look up Eugene Grassat , Elisabeth Sonrel and henri privat-livemont

But I guess it depends on what it is you specifically like about Mucha as to whether those are suitable

Comment

Henri Privat-Livemont is a good shout, nice work both of you. Absinthe Robette has the similarities I'm looking for in comparison, but I would prefer things without text. I could probably just go mad on Mucha stuff alone mind you..........

EDIT: Just found a place online that has tons of the stuff i'm after.
              Last edited by Colin; 23-04-2013, 19:51.

Comment

A quick one here...

Comment

Brilliant

The Goddamn Batman Facebook page would like that one!

Comment

Work in progress of a driveblade (weapon from Etrian Odyssey IV), based off illustrations for the game's artbook.

The handle, especially the part near the body, needs some more work, right now everything just connects to flat polygons without smoothing (thus the weird rendering triangulation between the two parts).

Comment

What program are you using? I have a new found respect for 3D work after having a go at C4D the past month!

Comment

3ds Max, I've been using it for almost ten years at work and during free time. I'm trying to learn Z Brush, but it's the last thing on my priority list.

Comment

Comment

Superb :-)

Comment

Love it! The Daily Planet globe is a great touch!

Comment

and the vapour trails from a plane!

superb

Comment

Working...
                                X