No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks dog. I think he still needs some tweaking. He looks a bit rigid and his legs could be too long?

I think I might of drawn him a bit lower res than Ulysses, it's kind of like a puzzle trying to get the detail (or the illusion of it) when you have so little to play with. It's kind if fun though
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 06-09-2013, 12:52.

Comment

More pixels...

Comment

As awesome as ever, if I were you (which I'm not) I'd have a look at the pixels that make up the goggles and the space between them, the contrast isn't quite high enough on my screen.

Comment

Thanks, yeah I think you're right. Could do with being lighter in the middle. Was tough to gauge given it's all supposed to be black and yet we still need to know where the eyes are.

Comment

I drew hippies...

There's an alt version too, here: http://genuinehuman.tumblr.com/post/...ers-generation

Comment

Lovely, mate!

What inspired you to draw Hippies? Had you seen something?

Not my stuff, but here's some "What happened next" artwork for Street Fighter characters:
              Montreal-based artist and owner of personal blog Novamesh Arman Akopian (perhaps better known by his DeviantArt tag of GUYJIN) is causing quite the stir here in Japan today with a series of illustrations depicting the cast of Capcom's genre-defining fighting game series Street Fighter years after the events of the ...

Comment

Thanks QC! I was listening to Crosby, Stills and Nash. And then the hippies happened.

Comment

DT, lovely artworks.

Aircrafts are fun.

Comment

Nice! Very real. What software do you make those in?

Comment

3ds Max, with mentalray as render engine. Textures are a mix of Photoshop, Illustrator and Painter.

Comment

I always wondered who did those amazing posters for the Heisei era of Godzilla films.

I've discovered it's Noriyoshi Ohrai, and he's also done a load of awesome Star Wars and Metal Gear Solid posters too.
                        I won't swamp the thread, but Google his name for more pictures.

EDIT: There's an exhibition on February 8th to March 23rd, 2014 at the Miyazaki Art Centre. Wowzers!

[hide]

[/hide]
                        Last edited by QualityChimp; 01-10-2013, 14:51.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I always wondered who did those amazing posters for the Heisei era of Godzilla films.

I've discovered it's Noriyoshi Ohrai, and he's also done a load of awesome Star Wars and Metal Gear Solid posters too.
                          I won't swamp the thread, but Google his name for more pictures.

EDIT: There's an exhibition on February 8th to March 23rd, 2014 at the Miyazaki Art Centre. Wowzers!

[hide]

[/hide]
                          Awesome. I want these on my walls.

Question... Can anyone recommend a decent stylus to use on ipad for drawing?

Comment

They are amazing. The huge SpaceGodzilla is awesome.

As for an iPad stylus, there seem to be a massive amount of them. Most are rubber tip and fairly simple, a few have Bluetooth pressure sensitivity with seemingly varying results and compatibility. I haven't tried any of the pressure sensitive ones at all. The one I use is the Wacom Bamboo iPad stylus. It feels good in the hand and is nicely accurate. The one massive downside is that the tips wear out at a ferocious rate. They don't cost much to replace and come in packs of three but it's still a pain in the ass how quickly they break. Otherwise, a great stylus.

The only other thing I'd say about the Wacom stylus is that there is a version that slides closed to be more compact. Avoid that. It has a messy rubber part that doesn't always seem to fit and then it gets loose so it slides down when you don't want it to. Stick with the longer solid version.

Comment

Those are awesome posters QC!

Comment

I also have a wacom stylus. Worked ok on a nexus 7. Have to say, the way forward is the digitizer found in the Galaxy Note series. Superb implementation. Apple should put this on ipads.

Comment

Working...
                                X