No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, great work Boris! I don't know where it's from (some anime I guess), but it's beautiful. Would look great as a print on the wall also.

Comment

Am I talking to myself?!

It's from the opening credits of Ulysess 31, a French/Japanese colaboration animated television series from 1981 that updates the Greek mythology of Odysseus (known as "Ulysses" in Latin, hence the title).

Comment

Sorry Chimp! Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
          Sorry Chimp! Thanks for the explanation.
          Ha ha, no probs!

Sounds like a few have got some watching to do. It's a great story because it's based on Odysseus by Homer (not that one).
          It's stuck with me over the years because there are some really dramatic elements to the story that are still quite intense even today. It doesn't help that the amazing soundtrack makes it really emotional too.

Episode 1:
          [hide][/hide]

Comment

I should probably add this to the "To Watch" list then, I quite enjoy older 80's/90's anime. I am also familiar with the Iliad and Odyssey, used to read quite a bit of the ancient Greek mythological stories as a kid actually.

Comment

You dare defy the gods!

I swear it would make a great game. As long as it wasn't made by Silicon Knights

Comment

Redit it tonight with gradients and some other tweaks

and did another

Comment

Comment

Hamaze!

Comment

I really admire the skill and patience but got to admit my reaction to many of these was: what's the point? If they can just be photos (and most I would say were just copied directly from photos), then why? Some like the sculpture work and the more interesting work like paintings of paint or the watery one I can see as benefiting from the actual artist involvement but I don't quite get the need for a human photocopier.

Comment

Maybe they just like doing it? I don't think art needs a point as such.

Comment

I'm not even a massive Superman fan but I often seem to come back to drawing him...

Comment

Lovely as ever, DT. What did you do that on?

Aled Lewis' 8-Bit bust ups:
                            Starship battles, romances with Hollywood starlets, delivering the perfect punch - all experiences we'll only ever live out via the glow of the silver scree...

Comment

Thanks QC! That was Procreate on the iPad.

Those images are awesome.

Comment

Do you use a stylus or anything? That can't be done with your fingertips alone?!

I've got a Windows 8 tablet, so I may look at some alternatives.
                                What did you do your horror icons coffee morning pics on again?

I'm sure you could do something as good as Aled Lewis' work. That's not a criticism of Lewis, it's praise for you!

You could have a go after doing those SD EDF avatars for us

Comment

Working...
                                X