No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the kind comments! I like to think I'm doing well with them although then I look at backgrounds from the great Capcom and SNK games and feel shame. Enjoying this res though - these are GBA size.

Comment

One more new one...

Comment

Hey Dogg, if you ever want to get a Kickstarter going, show off your awesome art, pretend it's a new game , steal everyone's money and they elope. I'd be up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          One more new one...

Just found this thread but great work dogg!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            Hey Dogg, if you ever want to get a Kickstarter going, show off your awesome art, pretend it's a new game , steal everyone's money and they elope. I'd be up for that.
            I like that plan!

Comment

Just sayin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                I like that plan!
                Hey at least you've actually produced something finished, more than Molenuex has done

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  In the interests of preventing my eyes glazing over from trying to read that, can you tell us what it is just saying? I couldn't find a point when I scan read it.

Comment

It's about Duke Nukem Forever being used to sell Unreal engines. The idea was they'd continually port it to the latest engine to use as a showcase and increase licence sales but never actually release a game. It ends in a little heavy persuasion:

I was knocked out of my chair by I *think* of all people Tim Sweeney (it was a wooden kitchen chair) and was pinned on the ground by Mike Wilson and Cliffy B (he’s so much stronger than I ever expected). George walks over to my chair and stomps the s**t out of it until the legs are broken off. He casually picks up one of the legs that had split into a point and starts tossing it up and down.

Cliffy and Mike pulled me up and shoved my face about 6 inches from the point of the chair leg. I was drenched in sweat.

George looked me in the eyes and asked me one more time what I was going to do… so at that point I did what anyone would do…

Comment

Destiny the Game Poster

by Jan?e Meadows

Comment

A new one...

Comment

you still doing these on the ipad?

Comment

Yes, although I do the final parts in Photoshop - timing the animation and then a few cheaty effects like some extra glows. All the actual drawing is done on Pixaki on the iPad.

Comment

I love your pixel art mr Thang, especially as the more you look at them the more tiny animated details you start to see. You have a distinctive look to your art which i like, it reminds me of the ones done by this person.

Last edited by importaku; 12-03-2015, 19:28.

Comment

Those are incredible. There is a clarity and confidence in those that I'm currently lacking. Beautiful colours.

Comment

Working...
                                X