No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not believe you're criticising your work, Dogg.

Comment

Dogg, can you draw as good in real life with a pencil and pad or are your skills just on the digital as you created some nice pieces.

Comment

No, I wouldn't be as good on pencil and paper, although I'd usually sketch my non-pixel pieces first. Here's a little ink doodle with no digital...

And ink and watercolour:

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 13-03-2015, 07:13.

Comment

Fantastic pictures as always Dogg. Reminds me of the Nintendo message pictures you sent back in the day.

Comment

Top work.

Comment

Is there a Windows equivalent of Pixaki?
              Don't think I'll be posting any pics in here after seeing your efforts though!

Comment

I'm not sure what would be best on PC. There are dedicated pixel art apps like one I think called Pickle. Photoshop is great for pixel art though.

Comment

Oh okay! I have a Photoshop!

Jessops.

Comment

Dogg!

How would I go about doing the portrait part of these photos by Jude Buffum? I need to do a similar thing for a band I like.
                    I have Photoshop. Do you think he did it by hand or run it through some filter first?

Comment

Looks like the portraits might have been put through a filter of some sort. I suspect there is a plug-in that can do that in Photoshop.

Comment

Yeah, I was hoping there was an easy way to do it. It's funny that in the games like those pictures are copying tried their best to look as photo-realistic as possible, and now we need filters to make realistic photos look like old games!

Comment

I know, it's so backwards!
                          Something like this sounds fairly straight forward and just uses what Photoshop has to offer. Of course you could then fiddle-fart about with it to make it how you want but it's a quick method.

Comment

I'm a bit short on time and just used the pixelate > mosaic filter on Photoshop. It's a bit rough and ready, but it's only for fun.

Comment

There should be a better way of doing that, QC. I'm thinking of this off the top of my head but if you open your image that you want to pixelate, shrink it down and then go to Image, Mode and then select Indexed Colour. You should be able to select how many colours you want and dither options there. I think...

You would then touch them up or add outlines or whatever.

Comment

Where have you been?! I lit the Dogg Signal and everything!

I'm only kidding. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X