No announcement yet.

Toys for boys - or "Show us your Collectables"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well these are my little collections currently in the flat...

Some of the photos were taken before I moved out.

There are also lots more where they came from

Neil

Comment

Give them back to the kids!

Comment

Originally posted by IanE View Post
        Give them back to the kids!
        No they are mine all mine I tell you!!!

Comment

Well someone has already stolen Marine Hicks's Air Bass (last picture on the left).

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
            That Boba Fett is totally kick ass.

I love this kind of stuff - my only problem is I don't have enough space for it all so it's best that I don't start collecting it.

You can also go way OTT and start cramming stuff in left right an centre. I know someone who did that with those cool Marvel busts. What started out as a bit of a showcase turned into a cluttered mess where nothing really stood out because it was all so overpowering.

I was eyeing up this little beauty a day or so ago (taken from one of the most radical and brilliant parallel Marvel Universes where all the superhero's are zombies).

Where on gods green earth can I get me one of those ?

Comment

Forbidden Planet are taking preorders on them at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                Forbidden Planet are taking preorders on them at the moment.
                Awesome thanks

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  One thing thats weird though, if people dont like toys why are they posting on here???

Videogames are toys too (^_^)
                  Heh heh! In my previous post, before the edit, I made the point that people who like to decorate their place with toys always seem to think that any other gamer 'should' want to do the same. In fact, the experience one gets from a good videogame is light-years away from the experience one gets from an inanimate figurine or statue!! :P

Comment

Thing is if you love a particular videogame a lot sometimes you might want to have your favourite game characters in physical form.

For me i love the crazy & slightly scary character of Mr Amigo from samba de amigo so i tracked him down & he now sits pride of place on my shelf as a constant reminder of my joy of playing samba.

Is it kiddy, probably
                    Is it tacky, maybe
                    Is he waiting to kill me in my sleep, undoubtably

But i wouldnt be without him (^_^)

In fact had a few occasions where mates have come round & asked who he is & i get the joy of setting samba up so they can find out.

Comment

I've decided to go on a collection spree for 2008 (as if my wallet wasn't dented enough from gaming and Xmas).

First up for this year was this little beauty to satisfy my Iron Man fetish

and on it's way as I type is

Now I just need to get a decent display cabinet to put everything in (can't be arsed with constantly dusting).

Anyone else picked up anything lately?

edit: although I do still kick myself for not getting these when I had the chance

Don't suppose any body has some that they'd like to donate to me?
                      Last edited by Spatial; 14-01-2008, 22:35.

Comment

I think lots of guys like a man-toy. It also depends on your situation, I have found that married male friends with children tend not to be into statues/figures.

I personally wouldn't be without my Sideshow Jabba and throne and my partner loves Doctor Who memorabilia and I must say I am quite partial to Daleks myself.

Comment

This arrived in the post for me today

It's Deckard's blaster from Blade Runner. Sorry for the bad camera phone pic.

Comment

So whose going to get one of these then?

Comment

Originally posted by Friction View Post
                              So whose going to get one of these then?

Oh my that is so cool!

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
                                Oh my that is so cool!
                                Seconded, thats awesome (a little useless) but awesome all the same

Hehe jam it inbetween the seats in your car & just casually mention to your friends that your car is a time machine

Comment

Working...
                                X