No announcement yet.

Redundant: the Find Me a Career Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine for a moment that banks said yes to a business plan, could you set up your own?

Comment

Found out today two brand new young managers are on 15p an hour less than me, a manager of 10 years.
      Sums up what my boss thinks of me. Going to push this higher now.

As for my own, well the market is currently very saturated and the majority of independent stores have failed in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        This thread is in need of some motivashian

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Found out today two brand new young managers are on 15p an hour less than me, a manager of 10 years.
          Sums up what my boss thinks of me. Going to push this higher now.

As for my own, well the market is currently very saturated and the majority of independent stores have failed in the area.
          Online then?

Comment

Nak, I work for a company where we're all on a set level, so I've been here over ten years and someone who has been here six months is on the same (once they pass probation). Being in sales though the difference in commission earned is what makes the big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
              Nak, I work for a company where we're all on a set level, so I've been here over ten years and someone who has been here six months is on the same (once they pass probation). Being in sales though the difference in commission earned is what makes the big difference.
              Yeah I appreciate it does work that way in some companies but it in ours there is more scope. It just highlights I was given a low level wage.Ironically a new role has just appeared. The wage increase will be dire for the extra workload and I don't really want it anyway but I've got to wrestle with myself to decide if I want to apply. Can't harm my CV.

Comment

Well this is it, last days almost over.
                Just had my P45 given to me & packing up the desk, feels so weird to be going & knowing my job still exists.

Had an interview this morning with a firm I know quite well.
                One of the directors told me to call the director of the firm this morning as he knew they were looking & I was back out the door by 9.30 to go to see them

They will let me know on Monday once they have interviewed the candidates that they actually have planned to see rather than impromptu arrivals lol
                Fingers crossed I might be back in work quicker than I thought...thus blowing all my plans to sit in my pants & actually watch a film or ten & play some games out the window lol

Neil

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Yep best of luck.

Comment

Good luck Neil.

This week my boss was back from NY and confirmed my redundancy is go! Might be a month or so before it's announced after bonuses have been paid.

Feel excited about the opportunities that are out there!

Comment

Well I had a huge row with my boss yesterday regarding my wages. He continually shrugged his shoulders at me and said there is nothing he can do. I told him there is plenty he can do he just chooses not to. I don't feel respected by him and he has constantly insulted me with the refusal to give me a payrise.

So, pretty much ****ed up my chances of promotion now!

Comment

So today is my last day. I'm both nervous and excited about the future - looking for roles abroad and going to ratchet up the leverage of my network, see what we can shake out.

Failing that I guess I'll end up contracting!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Well I had a huge row with my boss yesterday regarding my wages. He continually shrugged his shoulders at me and said there is nothing he can do. I told him there is plenty he can do he just chooses not to. I don't feel respected by him and he has constantly insulted me with the refusal to give me a payrise.

So, pretty much ****ed up my chances of promotion now!
                            Better to do that than be a doormat for the man.

Comment

I agree with Jaz, but with one proviso - once your boss hates you, no matter how useful you are, the clock is ticking and you need to leave. It's only a matter of time before you are usurped, marginalised or if vindictive enough, placed on a course of "improvement " which is generally shorthand for constructive dismissal. If your lucky, they'll pay you off with redundancy. Of course, this is my experience of British/US workplaces - Nak, you're in Japan so it's probably much different (respect, face and "gaijin" mindset probably factors).

Comment

Martin isnt that lucky, he's in England.

Comment

Working...
                                X