Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This needs your attention if you're serious about fine snacks! (twiglet related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snacks rule, all snacks really (although twiglets are pretty much 70s party snacks) crisps rule i could eat 6 to 8 packs a day easily, not that i did everyday (but i could) sadly im on a self imposed health kick at the mo i miss my snacks.

Comment

I'm a "3 bags a day" crisp man (at least) and am with Seany, a proper crisp eater can really taste the change since things have gone all healthy

Proof: I had some Tomato Sauce flavour Wheat Crunchies yesterday and they were rank, used to be one of my favourites.

I mainly buy Seabrooks crisps nowadays, full fat for the win

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
        Proof: I had some Tomato Sauce flavour Wheat Crunchies yesterday and they were rank, used to be one of my favourites.
        Correction there Dave - Spicy Tomato - but yes, they are absolutely vile now. But it isn't the texture or crunchiness of the Crunchies - it is the flavour. How the **** does reduced saturated fat affect that then? What are they playing at in the Leicestershire factory, postcode LE65 INZ? I will tell you what.

Whilst there is still lots of good stuff in there like monosodium glutamate (yesss!), flavour enhancer (get in!) and loads of cool acids, they have reduced SODIUM. Same great taste? The hell it is. Oh, and Wheat Crunchies people? Don't add that slogan to the "Big Cheese" flavour snacks. Nobody wanted Worcester Sauce elbowed out of the multipack in favour of your generic, boring cheese efforts. It isn't a "great taste", it is a **** taste.

Comment

I find the likes of Mccoys are the only bastion of good old full fat, **** you up crisps - Jesus Christ 1 bag of Mccoys has probably MORE fat than a bacon sannie !!!

Thai Chicken or S&V Mccoys ftw - Kettle Chips rock as well !

Walkers have destroyed the crisp industry in this country - As soon as they started pumping out BLUE cheese&onion and GREEN S&V - They screwed the whole thing at that point !

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
            And the other day I had some Philleas Fogg cheese and jalepeno things, tortillas. Back in the day, Philleas was the shiznitt - his snacks were classy, the sort of thing you would put down as a nibble if important guests were round and that, dead expensive but also nice quality. These things - well - I may as well have been eating cardboard triangles smeared with the contents of some hellish generic Schwarz spice mix. The real Philleas Fogg would be spinning in his grave - probably.
            Quite. And then someone had the GALL to put the ever-so-classy Oasis drink in plastic bottles. Plastic bottles!!!

At least the likes of tesco's own-brand salt and vinegar sticks can still cover a hand in grease and provide that full-and-slightly-sick feeling!

Comment

Bobbys Crisps do these barbecue lattice things that are to die for, and 20p a pack. There is a steak flavour too, which miraculously actually taste like steak. Trans-Form-A-Snack have always been nice, the Spicy flavour are just as packed full of additives and evil tasting as they were when I was a child. They are also 20p, would rather have them than Walkers these days, to be honest.

What the **** happened to Snapple as well? used to see it everywhere, now there is only two places in the entire city here that I know sell it, and even then they only do about two flavours.

Comment

It seems to have gone the same way of many of my past favourites, like Tab and Gini (remember that harsh lemon one?).

Comment

Originally posted by babs View Post
                  It seems to have gone the same way of many of my past favourites, like Tab and Gini (remember that harsh lemon one?).
                  One other thing - remember they bought in the new system back in about '88 when they had drinks cans where you press the button on the top to open them? I can vividly remember drinking cans of Tab and Gini with those cans. And Bensons Crisps - with the crown motif - they used to have some wicked flavours, and they were all cheap and nasty, additives laced ****ers - proper crap.

Comment

Cheap 10/20p crisps are far and away the best for us who remember the good ole' days

Tangy Toms or Bykers anyone ?

Comment

The day that Brannigans Lamb and Mint sauce crisps vanished from the shops was the day the music died.
                      These days, I rarely eat crisp unless I am in a pub and drunk or having a Hula Hoop sandwich.

Comment

I once had a packet of Tangy Toms and in it was a ball, the same size as an individual Tangy Tom, but it was a solid ball of the flavouring stuff what flavour the corn snacks. A whole ball of it! I didn't know whether to eat it or put it on a pedestal - things like that are the holy grail of eating crisps.

Anyone remember flavour & shake?

Comment

Yeah, and hedgehog crisps, the kind you'd get from the local health food shop. Lumps of flavouring still give me the horn.

Here's one for the memory - Monster Munch 'natural' flavours. I only remember salt and vinegar and roast beef now, but by god they were the strongest flavours ever - i'd kill for some.

Comment

i loved monster munch pickled onion

oh other snack things i liked chocolate covered pretzels

twiglets i loved

honey roasted cashew nuts

crisps gave me ulcers alot so i had to eat mostly quavers and skips

Comment

Don't talk about Monster Munch - They've destroyed them beyond all recognition - Does anybody remember when the crisps were actually MONSTER in dimension ? Fitting one in yer gub was a feat in itself.

Comment

There used to be more than one shape too.

I bet the old roast beef monster used to get all the pussy he could handle, that was some tongue!

Comment

Working...
                                X