Someone has to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blimey reminds me so much of the south park film

where the adults are saying we must listen to the children and stuff......and there ignoring them as the kids try and talk to them

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
      It's alright, they're flying back to check on them every 30 mins honest! They'll be ok
      Sorry, yes - I mean, they are only 500+ miles away having a meal with the living embodiment of the Catholic faith.

Comment

Does the vatigan have an unwritten law against children? Why didn't they take they're kids with them?

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
          Does the vatigan have an unwritten law against children? Why didn't they take they're kids with them?
          their ?320k fund isn't going to last them long if they fritter the money away on flights for the kids......

to be honest given the catholic church's record of protecting childrens safety and these parents record I'm not sure they should be allowed to take them anywhere near the place.. you'd like to think they couldn't lose another one but nothing would surprise me.

I'm waiting for the dirt to start coming out on these two, once the public start to lose interest I reckon there will be some right muck being spread about them going on and the two of them will get buried.

Comment

What the **** would YOU do if your child went missing? Sit on your lazy fat arse and do nothing? Just go, "Ah, ****it! She's prolly dead now!" and give up? If you get information from the police that she's out of the country, that there's a chance she's alive, what would you do?

All yous are acting so high and mighty it pisses me off. They are not, I repeat, NOT, the first parents to leave their children in the hotel room to go to the hotel restaurant. They were extremely unfortunate that some bastard decided to abduct their child.

You lot are making such idiotic comments, makes me wonder how many of you actually know what it's like to have a child to look after. Never mind a toddler and twins!
            Last edited by Fibber; 30-05-2007, 10:47.

Comment

^ was just about to post similar, Fibber. I don't know how some of you guys can be happy taking the position that you can say what you like about the parents actions.

As for questioning their motives, and their use of the funds donated, that just sickens me, tbpfh.

Comment

and posting wanted signs all over the world is going to help.. right

Comment

That's not the point, though, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
                    I don't know how some of you guys can be happy taking the position that you can say what you like about the parents actions.
                    because I've never been negligent enough to lose my child thats why.

Comment

Congratulations on not being able to feel compassion, just because you've not experienced a particular situation, then.

Comment

please dont take this as me being morbid

but what happens if the parents themselves have accidently hurt her and trying to cover it up with all this 'pish' around the world

i just hope every child that goes missing gets the same offers of help from everybody

Comment

Maybe people do want to help, and feel that this is their opportunity to make a difference, maybe not in this particular case, but in raising the profile of the issue of abducted children, it may help others in the future.

Comment

Anyone with any humanity can surely feel compassion for a missing child even if the parents messed up or not. What parent can say they haven't messed up at times? They certainly didn't deserve this.

Perhaps a little more time reflecting to the media that they are sorry they messed up might help though? They are certainly not saints are they? The public are quickly going to get sick of this story being thrown up every time a celeb, policitian or now the pope wants their next 15 mins of fame.

What next? Bono and Geldof to do Maddie-Aid? I have all the sympathy in the world for the McCann family but they would be naive to not realise the media is using them for their own ends. I suppose they just think it is worth it if the extra publicity helps, to me it seems like it is clutching at straws but then who can blame them? If I was in their shoes I would be desperate.
                            Last edited by AllYourBase; 30-05-2007, 11:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
                              Congratulations on not being able to feel compassion, just because you've not experienced a particular situation, then.
                              Thanks, and thanks for feeling able to judge me but not them. Sorry to burst your bubble here but having an opinion doesn't make you a bad person.

Who are you saying I dont feel compassion for, the poor poor little girl, well wrong I do, the other children, well wrong again, I do, they will have to grow up having lost a sister, so yes I feel compassionate for them. the family yes, the even parents yes. I dont feel compassionate though for a media image of a couple who are parading themselves around on my TV like the latest Posh and Becks.

I feel compassion on a human level for a bum sleeping rough and hope they survive but I also think they may need either help or a kick up the backside to sort themselves out and I wouldnt be afraid to give you my opinion either way.

Comment

You said, in response to a question of being happy to hold judgmental opinions of the parents, that you justified your position because you had never lost your children. That hardly resonates compassion to me.

They're hardly parading themselves on tv though, they're desperately trying to do something, anything to find their child.

Sometimes you can find a needle in a haystack, if enough people are helping.

Comment

Working...
                                X