No announcement yet.

Someone has to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if people are stupid enough to buy autobiographies written by some twenty-something 'celeb' then I'm sure they will be the people stupid enough to go see the McCann film, or buy the book/music CD/videogame/T-Shirt/brand of beer.

They made the mistake, they should pay for it. If less well off people want to give rich people money in a way which looks as though it isnt going into a charity fund, then more fool them.

Comment

deleted

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
        That's not really what I'm saying. There's no argument at all that they're terrible parents but you can't change the past. The fact* is that their child has gone missing and I don't think anyone can grudge them trying absolutely everything they can to get her back, surely? Even if it means making a film, or writing a book, or publicising the case as much as they can.

*possible fact
        I begrudge them doing it. I am sick of them encroaching into my life. There are other kids missing, when will they get their turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hogg View Post
          I begrudge them doing it. I am sick of them encroaching into my life. There are other kids missing, when will they get their turn?
          God forbid you ever to have a child go missing abroad. I assume you'll be on the first flight home, "ah, probably won't find her anyway, not really worth looking is it."
          Do you see?

I understand how annoying it is hearing about it every day, but they've got themselves into this mess and what else are they supposed to do now? There are other kids missing, certainly but again, put yourself in their shoes. If you lost a child surely it'd be your own child that takes precedence over absolutely everything else in the world.

Comment

Yes but let me reverse the role-play and ask you to put yourself in the position of one of the other families who has a child missing. You're getting no help and no press whatsoever. Why?

The McCanns can get lost now as far as I'm concerned. Time to give someone else a go.

Comment

The news of a film pretty much confirms what I have suspected all along. That is, the McCann's ARE up to something and did have something to do with Madeleine's "disappearance".

Comment

lol how do you figure that one out Ady? They are alledged to be making a documentary type film about thier daughter being taken....They must have been involved!!!

Go Columbo!

How do you know what state of mind these people are in? they have lost thier child.. maybe some film director is taking advantage of the situation and putting a spin of an extended crimewatch episode..if it was me i'd do anything to get my child back.
                Last edited by RobRoy; 09-01-2008, 11:51.

Comment

Yes but let me reverse the role-play and ask you to put yourself in the position of one of the other families who has a child missing. You're getting no help and no press whatsoever. Why?
                  Yeah, and it's terrible, but it's not the McCanns problem. Their concern is rightly their own child.

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                  The news of a film pretty much confirms what I have suspected all along. That is, the McCann's ARE up to something and did have something to do with Madeleine's "disappearance".
                  That rumour has been denied by the McCanns. So I assume that means they definately didn't do anything in your eyes now?

Comment

Yeah, and it's terrible, but it's not the McCanns problem. Their concern is rightly their own child.
                    Madeline isn't our problem is she?

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                      lol how do you figure that one out Ady? They are alledged to be making a documentary type film about thier daughter being taken....They must have been involved!!!

Go Columbo!

How do you know what state of mind these people are in? they have lost thier child.. maybe some film director is taking advantage of the situation and putting a spin of an extended crimewatch episode..if it was me i'd do anything to get my child back.
                      I'm glad you find it funny.

Personally, if it was my child that went missing, the last thing I would be thinking of is the box office, but hey that's just me.

Originally posted by toythatkills
                      That rumour has been denied by the McCanns. So I assume that means they definately didn't do anything in your eyes now?
                      What?

Comment

How do you figure i find it funny? Did you even read my post?

Comment

Funnily enough, if other parent's got their turn they would also be "encroaching" on your life. Not quite sure you have an argument there to be honest.

I agree that a family should be able to do all they can to find their missing child regardless of whether other families had the same opportunities or not.
                          As rightly pointed out, it's not the McCanns fault other families were not so fortunate, nor is it their problem.

However, I personally feel they are guilty so I also despise all the media attention and charity.

Comment

It's the McCann's personally I have a problem with not "parents in strife". I'm just sick of the sight of them and this idiotic, contradictory circus of a case.

Originally posted by Canton Province View Post
                            it's not the McCanns fault other families were not so fortunate, nor is it their problem.
                            Like I said though, it's not our problem that Maddie's vanished.

Comment

I understand what your saying, it's definately not my problem or our problem, but who said it was? And you did seem a bit peeved that others weren't able to get the same attention. Well if they had,wouldn't that start to become your problem too?

Comment

No it wouldn't become our problem, but I think in the interests of logic and fairness that another family should get their chance to (ab)use the media. The McCanns have wasted our time enough, they should now concentrate on finding her instead of making films, posters and Maddie T-shirts.

Comment

Working...
                                X