No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have **** around 80 times in the last 3 days.

Comment

Nothing beats a good ****. You must be feeling pretty awesome about now.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        I have **** around 80 times in the last 3 days.
        Chrons for the win, Jesus guess your pay rise is going on loo roll

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I had to replace the battery on my little scooter and, for some reason, it didn't come filled. So I had to fill it without the tools to really do so and certainly not a clue what I was doing. I didn't realise the cells all filled separately at first so one was full and I ran out of acid. Ended up siphoning some out with a drinking straw to put in the others. It was a total mess and I got acid everywhere and it's a real lesson on how I shouldn't be allowed do anything ever.
          Sounds like you we're lucky it only went in your eye

Comment

I feel marginally better but I have been terrible last few days. Getting a bug when you have Crohns is murder.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
              Sounds like you we're lucky it only went in your eye
              Yep!

Naka, didn't realise you had Crohns - that's nasty. Sorry for making light of your twosies. That must suck.

Comment

Don't worry I joke about it all the time. I have to admit though it's really starting to drive me down recently. I am constantly tired and never feel like I get enough rest. My diet is really good and I am generally in solid shape but the fatigue is stopping me from doing things I want to do and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Comment

Exam stress has caused me to develop (hopefully temporary) OCD. My family seems to be prone to OCD - I have generally gone unaffected but my brother has been in treatment for over a year and my mother has neurotic tendancies. It helps we have a family friend who is a psychotherapist, so I have been to talk to her a few times over the last three weeks which doesn't look suspicious to my mum or dad. I don't want to disclose details but imagine your brain giving you a 24/7 game of "Don't think about x" where x is something very unpleasant (the nature of which I'd prefer not to disclose) and you are almost entirely incapable of taking your mind off it no matter what you do - and I've tried video games, reading, music and other things besides. I remember it started nearly three weeks ago, literally the day before my exams started, so I'm holding out hope that the two are very much related, and that once my exams are over (my last one is tomorrow) it will begin to fade out.

It's already been in waves - a one or two days it's been horribly vivid whilst other days it's been very manageable. Mindfulness meditation has helped me come to terms with it which fortunately I had been practising frequently over the last year.

Luckily, this has actually affected me the LEAST when I've been in an actual exam - I'm pretty much able to forget about it entirely when I've been in them - and I've been able to revise successfully in spite of it. I don't believe it's had an impact on my academic performance but it has got me in a state of very high anxiety that this may not ever go away and it's become incredibly difficult to relax.
                  Last edited by danstan21; 21-05-2013, 20:26.

Comment

Pins and needles still there after I had a lay down for an hour. Little concerned now. This will be 3 days if it's present in the morning.

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
                    Exam stress has caused me to develop (hopefully temporary) OCD. My family seems to be prone to OCD - I have generally gone unaffected but my brother has been in treatment for over a year and my mother has neurotic tendancies. It helps we have a family friend who is a psychotherapist, so I have been to talk to her a few times over the last three weeks which doesn't look suspicious to my mum or dad. I don't want to disclose details but imagine your brain giving you a 24/7 game of "Don't think about x" where x is something very unpleasant (the nature of which I'd prefer not to disclose) and you are almost entirely incapable of taking your mind off it no matter what you do - and I've tried video games, reading, music and other things besides. I remember it started nearly three weeks ago, literally the day before my exams started, so I'm holding out hope that the two are very much related, and that once my exams are over (my last one is tomorrow) it will begin to fade out.

It's already been in waves - a one or two days it's been horribly vivid whilst other days it's been very manageable. Mindfulness meditation has helped me come to terms with it which fortunately I had been practising frequently over the last year.

Luckily, this has actually affected me the LEAST when I've been in an actual exam - I'm pretty much able to forget about it entirely when I've been in them - and I've been able to revise successfully in spite of it. I don't believe it's had an impact on my academic performance but it has got me in a state of very high anxiety that this may not ever go away and it's become incredibly difficult to relax.
                    Listen to more (preferably positive) music, Dan. Or a humorous podcast that interests you.

I suffered with anxiety issues and this was the best advice I was ever given.

Comment

Well the doc reckons I probably didn't get battery acid in my eye. Said if I got acid in my eye, I'd probably know about it. So treating it like an infection because he doesn't know what's up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Listen to more (preferably positive) music, Dan. Or a humorous podcast that interests you.

I suffered with anxiety issues and this was the best advice I was ever given.
                        Thanks Kit - Daft Punk's new album and a catch-up on David Mitchell's Soapbox seem to be the way forward for me! I must admit I've felt a rush of positivity after my last exam today so even though it's not gone it's certainly on the mend, if that can apply to the mind.

Comment

Tis the way forward to keep you happy.

*runs off to post in the irks thread*

My fingers still have pins and needles - so 5 days now. Could it be a trapped nerve? something worse? I went to my GP but couldn't get an appointment for another 3 weeks, by which time it may be gone.

Comment

Eating food today which is nice. Been a long, bed-ridden week. Onwards and upwards!

Comment

This thread has been quiet of late, been to Doc's for first time in about six years today, turns out I have what's medically known as "Frozen Shoulder", should sort itself our in a few months time hopefully.

Been painful on and off for weeks now, is it a sports injury she asked, no, not unless you class crisp packet opening as a sport

Comment

Not had any coughs, colds, sore throats etc. for over a year now. I've been using all my own products to keep me healthy and it's working.

Comment

Working...
                                X