No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure that follows. Correlation rather than causation.

I'm currently celebrating a months long stint without a cold. It's rare for me as I'm usually sniffling year round!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
      This thread has been quiet of late, been to Doc's for first time in about six years today, turns out I have what's medically known as "Frozen Shoulder", should sort itself our in a few months time hopefully.

Been painful on and off for weeks now, is it a sports injury she asked, no, not unless you class crisp packet opening as a sport
      Nasty.

I've been off work for two weeks with a trapped nerve in my left shoulder. Symptoms are similar but thankfully it is easing off a bit now. Amazing how the various painkillers I tried had no effect even Tramadol.
      Haven't even been able to hold a controller. All that free time so to speak and no games.
      Due back at the doctor next week which is actually a week I had booked off work to do a loft conversion. No chance of that now.

Comment

No proof for sure, but prior to deciding to really go for it with the supplements, I used to get colds all the time. Maybe a bit like you. At least once a month, sometimes constantly for weeks. It was pretty embarrassing always sniffling away. I didn't change anything else. Same food. Same environment. Same amount of exercise.
        Changes: increased daily Aloe to 120ml from 60ml and added L-Arginine, Vit-C, Mutlivitamin, Fish Oil, Royal Jelly, probiotic.

Comment

Fair enough. To be honest my diet is crap and I've been trying to clean it up which has probably been helping.

My only supplement is the Lidl version of Berocca because it makes a delicious orangey drink.
          Last edited by wakka; 30-09-2013, 16:08.

Comment

At the moment just blocked sinuses, feel like a cold but isn't.

Haven't been ill with a cold for ages, all I've done differently is been cycling to work 4 days a week since the clocks went forward.

I've been eating more fruit though blueberries, bananas, and other berries.

I was thinking of trying those omega 3 capsules to help my joints, I don't eat oily fish as I don't like it.

Comment

This thread has been quiet of late, been to Doc's for first time in about six years today, turns out I have what's medically known as "Frozen Shoulder", should sort itself our in a few months time hopefully.

Been painful on and off for weeks now, is it a sports injury she asked, no, not unless you class crisp packet opening as a sport
              Had frozen shoulder, for something sounding so lame it can be excruciating. Do some google for Feldenkrais exercises, and the philosophy behind it to get tips for loosening it up. I had physio for about 6 months, and after doing a bit of studying retrained my shoulder to work properly writhing he course of 2 weeks. Pissed the physio right off.

Comment

Been under the weather with something for a week, just battling on through with some rest... been off work yesterday and today, mostly to not cough and sneeze over everyone else heh. Sometimes that is an important thing to remember...
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                  Had frozen shoulder, for something sounding so lame it can be excruciating. Do some google for Feldenkrais exercises, and the philosophy behind it to get tips for loosening it up. I had physio for about 6 months, and after doing a bit of studying retrained my shoulder to work properly writhing he course of 2 weeks. Pissed the physio right off.
                  Thanks, will take a look. The Doc gave me a sheet full of excercises to do, been in loads of pain since the Doc gave my shoulder a going over yesterday.

Comment

Man cold. On busy motorway going to work. Runny nose. Lack of tissues. Nose is red with soreness.

Comment

What is the difference between the flu and a really bad cold? Either way I have had this the past week

Comment

Big Bear, not sure if it's you but I read some of your posts in the past regarding your health and it was always amazing and kind of inspiring to see you how you stayed positive throughout your illness. I hope you're well and I didn't really ever interact with you much online, but good luck and everything. I didn't really know how to word any of this so sorry if it seems rushed or doesn't make much sense. Sorry to hear of your recent ordeal.

Comment

Sounds like there's hope now. I'm sure you'll fight through it. You always do.

Comment

There aren't many replies to your post as I don't think many of us know how to phrase something correctly when reading about what you've gone through.

It's great you've finally got a resolution and they've finally believed what you've been saying.

I'm sure you've got an appreciation for your wife that many others would take for granted, so you have something that they don't have.

Although you've had to suffer a lot over the years, it's great news that the council is looking at how it deals with these situations in the future, so your tenacity to get the people in charge to really see what's happening will hopefully spare others from this kind of treatment.

Best wishes for the future.

Comment

Just a place holder for my future illness. Spent that last 3 nights with my 2 year old in bed with me coughing in my face.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                                Thanks, will take a look. The Doc gave me a sheet full of excercises to do, been in loads of pain since the Doc gave my shoulder a going over yesterday.
                                Any joy with this?

Comment

Working...
                                X