No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a sore throat and lost my voice a fortnight ago. It evolved into a bitch of a cough, then a blocked nose and loss of taste. Now it's a full-on blocked sinuses-me-do. It means I get dizzy episodes and searing forehead pains. A bit scary if I'm driving. The biggest pisser so far though is that my right ear is totally blocked. I simply can't shift the sod and it's affecting my orientation quite badly. It's really unpleasant. I've hammered it with sudafed, ibuprofen, nasal spray and menthol crystal steaming head baths but to no avail. The only thing that shifts the snot so that I can blow it out is those steam baths, but it never clears the blocked ear and the sinuses feel bunged again within minutes. A festive pisser.

Comment

I'm suffering the festive pisser too right now.
      Had dry sore throat about 2 wks ago (i get this quite alot now). The type that feels like u got a chunk of summat stuck back there.
      Last wk i coughed super hard due to the chunk gagging me & seconds later i could taste blood.
      Went to docs as i was concerned. Got booked in for early next yr for tests.

Now its even rawer & bigger. Kills like a bitch if i talk/swallow & nothing is shifting it. Cant get a decent nights kippage either. Plus i got a cold, so it looks like there's no point in eating this chrimbo cos i cant swallow or taste anyway.

"I'm dreaming of a Shiiiiiite Christmas" indeed :-(

Comment

I was told last night that I've got Cancer of the soul. Being the quick-witted ****er that I am, I replied with "I have no soul, but I've got lots of soles".
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
          It evolved into a bitch of a cough, then a blocked nose and loss of taste. Now it's a full-on blocked sinuses-me-do.
          You need to get yourself a Neti Pot!

[hide][/hide]

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          I was told last night that I've got Cancer of the soul. Being the quick-witted ****er that I am, I replied with "I have no soul, but I've got lots of soles".
          I trust this quip was written, as it's a bit confusing if spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I trust this quip was written, as it's a bit confusing if spoken.
            You trust correctly Da..I mean QuailtyChimp.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ha ha, nearly!

Comment

Two weeks into Prozac withdraw AND have a busted ankle which is not only futching AGONY but also affects my portering speed by 87%, frustrating, as is the fact I can't have any sick cos a bad back took me out for six weeks in Jul/Aug. Not taking painkillers cos sick of meds making me feel all pukey, the pain actually helps to counter the weird side fx of the Prozac, it centres you, interesting!

Comment

OK guys....need some foot advice...second batch of physio, they gave us this exercise where you bend your toes down and hold for 20 secs. It was great to begin with, was rushing about at my usual 357mph, felt aces. UNTIL the next day, it was fucn killing, primarily all the tendony bits at the top of the foot, just at the bit where the toes connect. It then all swole up, looked all red-raw n' bulbous, looked more like gammon or summat...incredible pain, Dihydrocodeine, Tramadol, Codeine Phosphate don't even touch the sides so stopped taking em, kinda good because they make me sicky.

SO, got two weeks of leave now, been resting it, just applying Ibuprofen gel twice a day, not wearing a shoe on that foot (laces really inflame) and it's gone down a tad, not as red, still killing but not as much, just kinda wondering if I'm better off resting it up, physio was vague, natural tendency is to swoosh about, hate being slow, just don't wanna be a fool cos my job is very heavily foot-orientated, kinda need it sorting sharpish, taking so damn long!

Comment

Why did you need that exercise?
                    Does the pain feel muscular or tendon? Sack the physio.

Comment

Well, pain started in sciatic bits but physio made it move down my leg, on the second visit they wanted to determine whether I had nerve damage because I lost a lot of feeling in my lower leg (resolved now), said he didn't think it was that. It feels a bit like the final stages of a jigsaw, though I'm not sure I got the right pieces...

The exercise was meant to stretch the tendon - as a result, the crippling Achilles pain has entirely gone so walking IS easier and faster than it was a fortnight ago, it's like it just transferred down. And I'd deffo say the pain is 'tendony', feels a bit like a drum with an overstretched skin!

Comment

I mentioned it in the irks thread, but I'm currently dealing with chickenpox. Has anyone else been through this as an adult? I look and feel absolutely grotesque. I only have 7 days approved off work, and there is no possibility of these scars and sores being healed in that time (if ever).

The worst is a big blister right next to my eye, which I wasn't aware of scratching but it has formed a horrible bloody crater surrounded by pus, I've got half my face wrapped in medical gauze just to hide the damn thing and not scare my daughter (who is already only peering at me from behind mummy's legs) but I can't go to work like that either.

I need some words of encouragement tbh, I haven't felt this low in a long time.
                        Last edited by Darwock; 02-02-2014, 14:35.

Comment

For crying out loud. Flu again. Usual run up symptoms on Saturday - tooth ache and feeling crabby, then full blown body aching/sneezing/coughing etc. My youngest also has it, and managed to sneeze a crap load of blood over himself this morning. Jesus.

Comment

Think I'll have a chat with Charles about some vitamins/supplements. It's depressing catching the same flu/chest cold every month or so. 6 days of it so far, now down to a chesty painful cough and feeling washed out (from all the coughing/lack of sleep). My youngest has exactly the same cold as well, but he can sleep through the day.

Got to stop moaning though. My father in law is waiting to see if he might have lung cancer so flu is nothing by comparison.

Comment

Regardless, it's annoying and grinds you down.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                Regardless, it's annoying and grinds you down.
                                Indeed - annoying in the extreme. Maybe I should post in the irk thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X