Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is good to hear!

My surgery went well too; I'm now the proud owner of some fancy new stents that supposedly very few people in the country have, and whilst I do still have one completely blocked artery they're hoping to treat it without any further surgery. Still taking it easy, but starting to slowly pick up with working from home and so on.

Comment

Good to hear it went well fuse. My Dad had three arteries 85% blocked and stents put in three years back, touch wood all is great since.

All makes my woes of having a nasty cold for the last week seem insignificant, since the kids went back to school, son was back for two days before bringing the cold home and sharing it with everyone in the house

Comment

Good to hear the two good news stories in here.

Comment

Anyone have a bad cold/flu, at the moment?

Started off two Sundays ago with a headcold, which developed into a chesty cough, then into a sore throat with flu aches.

9 days later i'm still feeling the effects, although now feeling much, much better.

Comment

Currently off work due to a RTA, a 18 tonne truck went into the back of mine when I was stationary waiting to turn onto a side street.

I've never had any back problems but I can totally empathise with people who suffer, I had a session on monday with an osteopath who says i've twisted my left sacroiliac joint, all I know is it hurts putting my socks on never mind anything else.

I've got another session tomorrow with the osteopath, I am not looking forward to another bunch of manipulation techniques which had me laughing, but not in a good way

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              Anyone have a bad cold/flu, at the moment?

Started off two Sundays ago with a headcold, which developed into a chesty cough, then into a sore throat with flu aches.

9 days later i'm still feeling the effects, although now feeling much, much better.
              I had similar, took an age to shift, loads of bugs doing the rounds since the kids went back to school a month ago.

chojin, until you have a back problem you don't have any idea how painful/restrictive they can be, hope you get sorted. Bet your car was a mess too.

Comment

Early onset man flu here. Had a pretty good run of health. Pack up drinking and look where it gets me.

Comment

Was diagnosed at the hospital yesterday of having labyrinthitus

Had it once before and it's bloody awful so on anti sickness and anti dizziness mess for the next 4 weeks

The 100 metre walk from the car to A&E last night was horrendous and I must have vomited around 10 times

I was left in a room next to the doctor to see if the injection worked and heard her on the phone talking about a 4 year old girl and suspected sexual abuse talking to the out of hours child protection services and realised how bad they really are when they said it was after 10pm and suggested she was sent home until the morning, I was so fecking angry at them and the so called Individual that could do that to a child especially when I heard all the injuries she had suffered

Comment

Buster that sounds terrible on both fronts. My teacher had that condition when I was at school and was royally screwed for a good while - hope it's not the case with you.

ManFlu update: Coming along nicely, managed a day at work but I'm on me arse now.

Comment

What? It's 2015 and no one has been ill yet?

Here's mine - Nice head cold with sore throat, runny nose and stabbing ear pain. Pretty sure it's because I've gone from doing nowt to 14-15 hour days at work. Not getting much sleep either because the youngest has decided that waking up every 3 hours is fun.

HOw's everyone else? Chojin? Neo? Fuse?

Comment

Wish mine was as simple as a cold i'd gladly trade, since last august had nausea, vomiting & diarrhoea along with crippling stomach pain all thanks to a knackered gallbladder. Last attack was weekend before last had me collapsed on the floor and the paramedics pumping me full of morphine before i was taken off for another trip to the hospital, sadly on the NHS nothing ever goes quickly so i'm still wating to be operated on.

Stuck at home slowly going insane, all my gaming/anime/tv backlog is clear, can't even go out & it sucks.

Comment

Sweet Jesus!

Just found out kids are catching hooping cough around here.. madness..

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                            HOw's everyone else? Chojin? Neo? Fuse?
                            Sadly I am writing this from a hospital bed, hah!

Had a similar thing to before, where I'm exhibiting signs of an infection but also having it take a toll on my heart, giving me a ludicrous heart rate and the oh so familiar arm pain. They've got me on an antibiotics IV which is helping bring my temperature down, but hopefully I'll have an echo today which will tell them if they need to look at my heart again. Feels very much like a repeat of my last 'event', hoping the outcome is different this time though!

Comment

Best of luck with that my man. Keep us posted.

Comment

Well, I'm home. Now the 'infectious diseases' team have an interest in me too, so after running the course of new meds I'll be back in to see them. Need to schedule a follow up with cardiac team too as I'm not 100% sure with things on that front either. But for now, freedom!

Comment

Working...
                                X