No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finaly after forever im free, me and my gallbladder have parted ways. Bit of a rough time in hospital was wheeled down to theatre but they were pretty concerned as my temp had shot up and my heartrate was going crazy, took them half an hour to stabalize me before they knocked me out, woke up in the high dependancy unit with tons of tubes coming out. Feel tons better today though they might let me home soon.

Comment

Great progress.

Can you still be galled by things?

Comment

Not anymore im gall free, no more crippling pain and been confined at home for 9 months. On the upside my gaming/film/reading backlog is clear.

Comment

Excellent news Importaku. Well done!

Comment

Hopefull ill be back home over weekend so i can continue doing odd ds game features. It weird on this ward theres one old guy in the corner that has his tv screen literally in front of his face, he keeps moaning and talking to it. Earlier on i thought he was scratching himself but no he was rubbing one out under the sheets while making sexyface at the tv. Thankfully im 3 beds away or id never sleep, really hurt as i was stifling my laughter and it pulled my stitches, will not be doing that again. Bet you dont get that kind of entertainment going private. Least im spaced out on pain meds this evening to keep me amused o(^▽^)o

Comment

Currently back on the Super Colon Blow in prep for a yearly checkup tomorrow. Everything's been fine since the op last year, so hopefully it'll be nothing found and that's the end of it heh.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Urgh those preps are horrid, hope you have plenty of wetwipes on hand.

Comment

Well, my body decided to evacuate itself about ten minutes before taking the first sachet, so there wasn't an awful lot to get rid of over the course of last night and today! They took out a couple of tiny polyps, they've got off to be analysed, but as the ones from last year were benign, I can't imagine anything different here. Still, better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

Yeah with polyps it really is better to go through a bit on inconvinience once a year than not. Least it's peace of mind for yourself as well, to be honest the prep i found worse than the actual scope going in. I just really wish they had just made the stuff tase of chemicals than try and make it fake vanilla flavoured as now i can no longer eat anything with vanilla as the smell and taste make me feel sick as i associate it with klean prep now. I tried adding cordial to the stuff to hide the flavour but that made it worse.

Hope your newest batch come back all behaving normally in the results.

Comment

Picolax (a combination of the active ingredient sodium picosulphate, and laxative) has a fake lemon/citrus taste to it, probably due to the magnesium citrate. Not bad, but certainly could be better heh. But these polyps were tiny, 3-4mm across, so we'll see how next year pans out, and if there's not much movement on that front, probably won't need to have any more checks after 3 years.

Comment

Ah i had that stuff yeah it's not bad at all way better than the fake vanilla of the other, in my box of goodies that they sent for prep was one pack of that and 2 packs of klean prep, wouldn't have been as bad if i had only to take the picolax as it's only a tiny glass full and not the 1 liter monstrosity of klean prep lol.

Comment

One litre?! Bloody hell, was it supposed to clean your system out, or bloat your stomach? :P

Comment

The version i had to go through was on the morning before you had to take the picolax then in the late afternoon you made up the klean prep, the pack made 1 litre & you was meant to drink 1 glass every 15 mins till the whole thing was gone. Then spend the rest of the evening on the loo hehe, then on the morning of the colonoscopy you were meant to make up the second litre. I cheated on the second morning as there was no way i was drinking another litre as it doesn't stop once you drink it takes hours for it to subside and i had to get across town by bus to the hospital, screw that i'm not crapping myself on the bus because it's still working.

It truly is vile stuff lol

Comment

My god this talk isn't bringing back particularly nice memories.

Comment

In regards to what went down your throat, or what went up your arse?

Comment

Working...
                                X