No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had it since last Monday Koppo, this has literally been the worst flu i've ever had. I feel for you, what's left i can feel.

Back ache, shoulder ache, leg ache, massive headache at the bottom of my skull above the neck, even my gums ached. Keeping gagging on the gilberts i'm coughing up, dizzy,piss like glue, throat like razorblades.

Ho f***in' ho.

Comment

Found out last week when went for my first contact lens check that Ive got a foreign body embedded on my right eye so not been able to wear them since. Was a right ball ache as went to my local casualty to get it removed (its basically a chuffing porter and a nurse as its a town one) and they couldnt see it with same device basically treated me like crap that I was peeing about even though they did contact my optician. I got basically well it must have come away while you drove up here as theirs definetly nothing their. So back to opticians and yep its still their (4 hours this took). Back tommorow and if its still their got to go all the way to Hull casualty (as it was waste of time having it done on xmas eve as family was working and casualty on xmas is a nightmare as its not causing me any issues yet). I have a serious nack of ending up in hospital over new year or xmas so hope it doesnt happen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Persocom View Post
        I've lost hair because of blood flow to my scalp. Chiropractor visit in a few days is hopefully gonna sort it, and my dermatologist visit is due soon as well.

It's not even proper hairloss... it's womany hair thinning. So I guess that's a relief.
        I've got the worst circulation in the world and it seems to be affecting my scalp, hair etc at the minute, does a chiropractor really work for this sort of thing? let us know how it goes anyway I may have to follow your lead if it works.

Comment

Yeaaaa my eyes clear so no hospital xmas shenanigans

Comment

Does anyone know if that first defence stuff is any good? Both my housemates have the flu and I don't particularly want it before NYE!! I need some preventative help!

Comment

Can't do any harm can it (except to your wallet). I'd hold off kissing them for a few days mind.

Comment

Some of my friends swear by it, get it in its good-o.

Comment

Right-o, down to boots tomorrow then to pick up the whole set! Im NOT getting ill for NYE. I have been dodging any illnesses this year with all the grace and aplomb of a Hippo. In a boilersuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                    I have had it since last Monday Koppo, this has literally been the worst flu i've ever had. I feel for you, what's left i can feel.

Back ache, shoulder ache, leg ache, massive headache at the bottom of my skull above the neck, even my gums ached. Keeping gagging on the gilberts i'm coughing up, dizzy,piss like glue, throat like razorblades.

Ho f***in' ho.
                    Annnnnnnd I'm on the way back.. Jaysus - it's fecking horrendous. I've only had proper flu once before, so it was an unwelcome return. So I now can't hear a thing, get knackered walking up the stairs and I'm still coughing up greenies to rival Wavey's.

Good luck to anyone else who get's it. Nurofen and ****e loads of water/lucozade, it's the dehydration that caught me out.

Oh yeah, the dizzyness nearly made me fall down the stairs.

Comment

I think I may have a fractured rib(s), and it's very painful...cry.

Can't sleep well, deep breaths are painful along with coughing and sneezing. I shuffle around like an old man as even simple thing like leaning down or changing clothes is painful. Poor me.

Comment

Doing what?

I've not had any illnesses for 6 months apart from the odd cold that lasts for 1 day
                        Am taking a few high grade supplements and it's working. I was getting a bit run down with the broken sleep when my 2nd kid was born and after 3 months of constant manflu, I decided enough was enough.
                        No mouth ulcers or cold sores either.
                        Last edited by charlesr; 09-03-2009, 07:52.

Comment

Gum's hurting a lot at the moment. Think it's Wisdom tooth related. The tooth's growing at an angle and I suspect the bottom of the tooth may almost be poking through the gum. Going to have to wait it out and see. If it is growing like that I'm going to need surgery, it won't be a simple pulling out.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            I've not had any illnesses for 6 months apart from the odd cold that lasts for 1 day
                            Am taking a few high grade supplements and it's working.
                            What kind of thing are you taking Charles? I don't get constant colds but I do get them a fair amount and for a few days at a time. I eat very healthily (And go to the gym usually five times a week) and only take standard multi-vitamins as any kind of supplement at all.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Doing what?

Am taking a few high grade supplements and it's working. I was getting a bit run down with the broken sleep when my 2nd kid was born and after 3 months of constant manflu, I decided enough was enough.
                              No mouth ulcers or cold sores either.
                              Got into an argument with someone and they pushed me away with an open palm. 'Twas an accident and they didn't mean to hurt me. Doctor reckons it's not broken, just hair line cracked, and bruised so the muscles and tendons/ligaments are setting my nerves on fire....

Will take about one month to heal apparently. Glad to hear that you are fine and dandy, too.
                              Last edited by Richard.John; 09-03-2009, 12:47.

Comment

After talk of broken ribs and the constant plagues that poor Dazzy has to suffer, I feel a bit embarassed by posting this, but I need to whinge...

I've picked up some virus that gives me some nasty stomach cramps that go in waves, then some inevitable upset, followed by aching/sore feeling in the intestinal area and a heavy fatigue and headaches. Started on Saturday and is still here today.

My wife had it last week and is still suffering a bit and the doctor says that there is a virus with the same symptoms doing the rounds and that it should go within a week and to avoid being too far between toilets! Thus I am working at home today.

The only thing that helps the cramps/aching is peppermint tea.

Good to know it's a virus though, as we've just started keeping tropical fish and I thought I might have picked up some lurgy from not washing my hands thoroughly enough!

Comment

Working...
                                X