Camra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll join the trend and log some I sampled last night:

Dorothy Goodbodys Golden Ale - a proper thirst quencher, citrusy - all good.
    Double Swan - a bitter bitter! Earthy, not bad.
    Badger Golden Champion - on the recommendation of you lot - glad I did - v. nice.
    Kamikazee - very malty I thought - tasty though.

3 good beers, one average - a good nights work.

Comment

Yer can't whack the champion - it is what it is.

Comment

I'll be buying a notebook tomorrow chaps, expect big things!

Prolly start on a scale of not nice/nice/pished on the stuff...

Comment

I DEMAND we have an NTSC meet in Nottingham where we all have notebooks and paint the town brown!

Comment

My 'effing head hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
              My 'effing head hurts.
              These tantalising glimpses are just frustrating. We want details! Which boys whupped you to a frazzle two nights in a row?

Comment

Seconded. Come on ET. Be a man and show that hangover who's boss.

I demand to know what you've been drinking!

Comment

Gonna keep a running thread this afternoon:

Wentworth Bumble Beer - 4.3%, a very honey beer but once again, not too sweet. 8.5/10

Batemans Spring Breeze - 5.0%, very refreshing. 8.5/10

Comment

Oh man don't.

I''ve got a cupboard full of bottle conditioned beer that I'm trying to resist - I'm going down the pub tonight to sample more of that Cain's dark mild.

Just about to put on some homebrew too

Comment

Broughton Merlin's Ale - 8/10, 4.2% - a very sturdy beer.

Comment

Bateman's Combined Harvest - 4.7%, a multigrain beer and full of tasty goodness. 8.5/10. Very different from the others, you can almost taste the country!

Oof, that Spring Breeze, it turns out, was previously rated on 17/6/05. It got 8.5 Nice to know standards are the same, even after a couple of years there's consistency

Comment

Stop stop stop!!

I may have a quick one to wash down my dinner before I head out

Comment

Talking of honey beers I think I'll be drinking a Waggledance or two tonight. It was on at the local yesterday but I didn't get round to trying it.

When I first started drinking real ale's that was one of my faves.

And where's ET? Doesn't he realise he's getting a reputation as someone who can't take his ale

Comment

VP here, while Bletcher is racing. Bletch once got proper whupped on the wagglecrew one night and ended up vomming into the loo at 4am. He was fine while playing PES banging in loads of goals, and then stopped playing but lost his focus and the waggle consumed him.

Comment

Heeding that cautionary tale I stayed relatively clear of the "waggle" limiting myself to one pint.

Anyway. A splendid evening spent in the company of one of my best friends - who I no longer see (in the pub at any rate) as often as I would like to. Beers drank include:

Waggledance - 6/10. Not as nice as I remember frankly.
                                Ablett's 3B - yum yum yum. A good 8/10. Lovely aroma and nutty aftertaste.
                                Cain's Dark Mild - again I know. Its so damn nice. I can't get enough.
                                Charles Wells Bombardier. An underated beer IMO. Perfectly serverd and another 8/10.
                                Finally a new one to me. Charles Wells Satanic Mills Bombardier. Imagine bombardier turned into a stout. Only in a bottle unfortunately and slightly too cold and fizzy. I'd *love* to try this on draught. Even so it gets a 7/10.

Took a bottle of the satanic home with me along with a couple of bottles of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. The beer that first got me into stouts

And ET where the hell are you!?!?? I still want to know what beers you've sampled!

Comment

Working...
                                X