X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They really are huge though

Comment

I am also leaning towards the smaller model, probably a 64gb again, but maybe the 128gb. I didn't watch the announcement live, but the 5 min video on their site really hasn't excited too much about it. Like many others I've been hanging on to the iPhone 5 since launch, and this is the kick up the arse to change contracts more than an actual desire for the product...

Comment

Comment

I'm unsure about which to get, the lack of a 32Gb model and price is pretty horrible. :/

I guess its either 16Gb 6 Plus or 64gb 6 for me at the moment.

Comment

iphone 6 like a larger iphone 3gs, with the metal back off a second gen ipod touch. Hmm not sure why that have gone back to the rounded edges and aluminium back of the ipod touch/3gs design, i had a ipod touch and the back got scratched to buggery really easily.

So NFC and the frankenstein child of a ipod touch and a 3gs i think they need to get some innovation back in there designs as now there pretty much trailing behind the curve quite a bit. I'm really not sure why there plundering there designs from 4 years ago.

Smart watches have failed to do anything on android phones I'm not sure why apple think we need one, i certainly wont be paying the ?300 it will retail for over here when they do there $ ? symbol swap.

As a final point I cant believe apple partnering with U2 and forcing there new album into every iphone owner library, they really don't have a clue, bono pisses me off so much I don't what that crap clogging up my phone.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 10-09-2014, 11:17.

Comment

This has anodised aluminium like a MacBook or an old school iPod mini though. Not the super reflective type they used for the rears of the iPods back in the day.

The iPhone 6 looks OK. In terms of hardware design I think it's undoubtedly the nicest handset out there. Otherwise it's fairly uninteresting. Touch ID is the most interesting thing Apple have introduced in the last few years, and they were actually first with it, instead of 2 years after Samsung and LG.

They're followers not leaders now and for me it's kind of sad. I was a really really huge Apple fanboy and now I'm kind of an apostate (although I still use Macs and iPads). The glory years were the noughties. Everything was so exciting!

Comment

Really can't see the fact that they've "gone large" drawing people back to Apple at all.
                Dread to think what they will cost on contract too.
                Would love to know how many people own one iPhone then switch to Android/Windows next time.

I'm all for big phones, mine negates the need for a table to be honest, one of the plus points for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                  I'm all for big phones, mine negates the need for a table to be honest, one of the plus points for sure.
                  Bloody hell that must be a big phone.
                  Last edited by wakka; 10-09-2014, 11:46.

Comment

I laughed at this on Ricky Gervais' Twitter feed:

"I've just saved myself 350 quid"

[hide][/hide]

Comment

I found this helpful:

Comment

Yep, it's too big.

Comment

I really think once you physically hold one and put it in your pocket it's not as big as you imagine.
                          It's all Apple's fault for making people think a 3.5" screen was sufficient!

Comment

There's no such thing as too big.

Comment

Exactly. It's all in the mind.

Comment

If you wanna test me, I'm sure you'll find...

Comment

Working...
                                X