This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    It's astonishing isn't it. The iPhone was a standout product in the late noughties, but the fascination that its launches still attract in the press is surprising. It's just another phone now.

The people who camp outside the stores for days to get one, I just don't even know what that's about.
    A mate who lives in the Netherlands had camped for 24 hours, only to have a bunch of famous people cut in line. Ended up not getting the model he wanted and left with nothing.

Comment

Lol. That is hilarious.

To those complaining about contract prices, why not just buy it outright and get a cheap SIM only plan? It reduces your monthly outgoings and you get a much better deal, plus an unlocked handset (which is not only functionally better, because you can chop and change networks as it suits you, but you can use your phone on networks abroad, AND it retains more resale value).

I always buy my phones outright now. Contracts are just a gyp imo.

Comment

To those complaining about contract prices, why not just buy it outright and get a cheap SIM only plan? It reduces your monthly outgoings and you get a much better deal, plus an unlocked handset (which is not only functionally better, because you can chop and change networks as it suits you, but you can use your phone on networks abroad, AND it retains more resale value).

Mind me asking what plan you're using/looking at currently? This is what I was getting at earlier - I'm really sick of the EE contract I'm on currently, but I'm not sure I'll really get anything different from any of the other networks. I'd sooner get a bare bones thing from them and actually own the damn phone but I've no idea what's good/not.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Mind me asking what plan you're using/looking at currently? This is what I was getting at earlier - I'm really sick of the EE contract I'm on currently, but I'm not sure I'll really get anything different from any of the other networks. I'd sooner get a bare bones thing from them and actually own the damn phone but I've no idea what's good/not.
          I would say O2 refresh but the 6's are quite expensive on their plans at the minute. Think I paid ?130 up front and its ?38 pm for unlimited and 2gb of 4g data. It is pretty though

Comment

Peasants have contracts whilst using their last-gen consoles!

I bought my Z1 Compact off eBay for less than ?200 and I'm on a ?15 monthly unlimited everything SIM with Virgin.

I had to laugh at this:

Looks like Joan Rivers' social media team forgot to turn off her automated posts!

Comment

Ooops.

EE - had virtually no internet signal all afternoon on 4G and know people in the office on 3G were moaning too, their service is really poor at time.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse

I use a Nexus 5 Fuse. I like it a lot, and it's good value at ?300 for the handset. I've paired that with a Three pay monthly SIM, which costs me ?15 a month. That includes 600 minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited 4G data (and unlimited 4G tethering).

That's the sort of money you should be looking to pay really, on a monthly basis anyway

QC the only reason I am not on a proper ?60 a month contract is because I am not eligible, so have to take a rolling monthly one. Apparently sheds are not official abodes and battered Dualshock 3s are not sufficient collateral?!

Comment

That's a really good deal on the Three SIM. If I took that out now, would I get the tethering?

They all seem to be clamping down at the moment.

Comment

Lol. That is hilarious.

Yeah I worked out it's ?400 cheaper on my sim only deal than it would be on the contract, plus I'm not tied down should the deals get better or I want a new handset.

The 6 plus came today, it's truly massive. Overwhelmingly so to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      Yeah I worked out it's ?400 cheaper on my sim only deal than it would be on the contract, plus I'm not tied down should the deals get better or I want a new handset.

The 6 plus came today, it's truly massive. Overwhelmingly so to start with.
                      Let me know how the battery works out boris, apparently is rated at 2900 vs the iphone 5 at 1400, will be interesting to see if the screen guzzles all that extra juice up quickly or not.

Comment

The official battery stats showed it lasted longer for things using the screen and the revieed I've read have all commented on how it last noticeably longer. It's having is first full day of use so I'll let you know

Comment

I hadn't really been feeling the new features in ios8 for the last few months, in fact I hadn't even noticed many, but now some apps have come out that make use of the extensions.

SwiftKey us the best keyboard I've tried, it's not too alien and the layout is the same as the stock keyboard, but you can also use the swipes or keyboard drawing

SwiftKey Keyboard by SwiftKey
                          ‎Microsoft SwiftKey is the intelligent keyboard that learns your writing style, so you can type faster. Microsoft SwiftKey is always learning and adapting to match your unique way of typing - including your slang, nicknames and emojis. That means autocorrect that actually works and helpful predicti…

1password is a password manager for safari that also makes use of the finger print sensor in 5s upwards. It stores you're passwords centrally and let's you enter them simply by using touch id
                          1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet by AgileBits Inc.
                          ‎1Password remembers all your passwords for you, and keeps them safe and secure behind the one password that only you know. 1Password: the password manager that's as beautiful and simple as it is secure. Just add your passwords and let 1Password do the rest. Sign in to websites and apps with just a…

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            That's a really good deal on the Three SIM. If I took that out now, would I get the tethering?

They all seem to be clamping down at the moment.
                            Sadly the unlimited tethering is no longer offered - it's limited to 2GB now. You can probably still get away with it for most things though, just not stuff that's obviously not being done on a mobile. You still get unlimited 4G for all direct on-the-phone data usage though.

My home internet is pretty crap (fibre unavailable in my building) so I use it for all my online gaming.

Comment

Hey, that's really good Wakka, thanks.

Virgin is unlimited everything, but I rarely phone, so I'd happily sacrifice that to get 4G and a little bit of tethering.

Does anyone here look after the phones for their company? I need some advice.

We use BlackBerry handsets on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 5. BB have reduced our choices to just one compatible handset. If we upgrade to BES10, none of the existing handsets will work! It's like RIM want to go bust!

So does anyone use iPhones, Android or Windows Mobile devices with a server to control the devices and email? Any experience with Iron Mobile?

I'm really not sure where I go from here. If I give someone an iPhone and use a company Apple ID, they can't put any apps or music on. If they use theirs and they leave with it, we can't remote wipe or use "find my phone".

I'd rather stick with BlackBerry, but I don't want two servers and people like the "prestige" of an iPhone (these people also point at airplanes, with mouths agog).

Comment

Always been on a contract but listening to your guys advice, going to buy phone only from apple.
                                Regarding switching from one provider to another how simple is it?

i.e. if i buy apples phone and get a month from their ?15 ee for example, if I switch if I'm not happy with the service can you simply transfer your number across?

Apologies, been on an 02 contract for so so long!!

Comment

Working...
                                X