Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was holding off on upgrading until news of the Nexus 6 surfaced, I'm also not a fan of the larger phones, so I've bought a Nexus 5, loved my 4.

Comment

Lollipop update confirmed for all Xperia Z devices ('starting in 2015')

Comment

My Galaxy Ace 2 is finally giving up the ghost. It keeps resetting (even when sat on a flat surface).

Should I just get the updated Ace 3? I'm looking for something the same size, a little faster and with 4G. http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ace_3-5479.php
        I don't care about camera performance - battery life is much nearer the top of the list.
        It can be had for about ?130 sim free which seems like a good price.
        Anything else in this size/price?
        Maybe a galaxy core?

edit: actually an s4 mini lte might be a better bet - longer battery life, same size, much more RAM (but an extra ?70...)
        Last edited by charlesr; 20-10-2014, 18:22.

Comment

Or how about S3 Mini Charles? not sure how that compares to Ace 3 spec and screen size wise. Know they can be picked up for ?99 now and again, or even a full size S3?

Comment

Getting hold of a 4G version of the S3 mini is really tough (only made for US market).
            Needs to be a "mini" for running and mountain biking.

I had a good look at the Sony's but they seemed to have poor battery life or too tall, and normal put crazy pixel cameras which sacrifice other things for price.

Comment

Forgot about 4G sorry, HTC must have a model to fit your needs I would have thought.

Comment

Is anybody going for a Z3? They sound ace.

Especially the slow-motion feature that some people liked testing out...

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                  Forgot about 4G sorry, HTC must have a model to fit your needs I would have thought.
                  Yeah, I was looking at them this morning. The desire 601 looks good, but isn't supported by Cyanogenmod either officially or unofficially.
                  Having used Cyanogenmod and Vanilla Android (on a Nexus tablet and Lucy's phone), I'm now a full convert of getting rid of all the useless stuff phone manufacturers put on the top.

Comment

eeeep, the S4 mini doesn't have a notification LED in the UK ..... There's a noled app, but needs the screen which would use battery a lot. The US version got an LED.

Official Sumsung reply:
                    The S4 Mini does not support LED notifications. However you can go to Settings > My device > Accessibility > Flash notification. Once enabled, the camera light at the rear of the handset blinks when you receive a notification. Thanks
                    Which means leaving it face down.
                    Last edited by charlesr; 21-10-2014, 09:12.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Is anybody going for a Z3? They sound ace.

Especially the slow-motion feature that some people liked testing out...
                      iphone has a slomo feature
                      kite vid i did to test it out

Comment

Not as good as QCs vid tbf

Comment

This is the third dodgy/defective 'genuine' Sony Xperia charger I've had off eBay from a Chinese seller.

Probably obvious but I have to advise anyone with an Xperia to not touch 'genuine' Sony stuff from China on eBay, it's all counterfeit crap.

I suspect most know better than I did anyway though

Comment

Yeah you were asking for trouble there matey. can't you get one from an Amazon seller with good feedback?

Comment

Well, after many stock issues, I finally got my note 4! It's really snappy, screen is lush and feels nice in the hand. Finally a premium feeling Samsung phone!!

Also picked up the Moto 360 smart watch, which is more useful then I thought it would be...

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                                Yeah you were asking for trouble there matey. can't you get one from an Amazon seller with good feedback?
                                Yeah wanted to use PayPal as could use bank balance

Amazon accept Visa debit now though (this is a new thing in Canada....Uk had Visa Electron and debit since well over a decade ago)

I thought a seller with 98% feedback, China or not, was honest when saying something was genuine Sony product. Not the case

Bloody China

Comment

Working...
                                X