Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon themselves have sold me fake Sony memory cards in the past!

Comment

Does happen, but you can't knock their customer service, especially when compared to ebay.

Comment

Any nexus 5 users wanting a boost?.. I was looking at options for increasing battery life, found a bunch of sites listing settings that need to be changed, but this popped up in my search, so I followed the simple guide and wow what a difference it makes, its like lightening!!.. http://ausdroid.net/2013/11/08/the-a...-your-nexus-5/

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Getting hold of a 4G version of the S3 mini is really tough (only made for US market).
          Needs to be a "mini" for running and mountain biking.

I had a good look at the Sony's but they seemed to have poor battery life or too tall, and normal put crazy pixel cameras which sacrifice other things for price.
          Battery life is one thing I'd never knock Sony for on the Xperia line

Stamina mode is the real deal. The Z Ultra has a massive screen that would destroy any battery. Not only does it last a full 24 hours on a charge anyway with normal use...with stamina mode it chugs on for a solid 2 or more days really

I doubt any other mobile company have nailed battery use tech the way Sony have.

I'd strongly advise checking out the Z2 compact. IMO in that size nothing else touches it.

Samsung's cheap plastic and faux-leather are major strikes IMO. At my age I want a phone that looks and is premium.

Comment

They've improved then. Battery on xperia s was the worst ever

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
              Any nexus 5 users wanting a boost?.. I was looking at options for increasing battery life, found a bunch of sites listing settings that need to be changed, but this popped up in my search, so I followed the simple guide and wow what a difference it makes, its like lightening!!.. http://ausdroid.net/2013/11/08/the-a...-your-nexus-5/
              ART is still not supported by all apps though and eats a lot of RAM. I enabled it on Lucy's 5 a while back and every now and then it becomes unstable and needs rebooting. It is definitely fast though. I tried it on my ancient galaxy ace 2 and it trashed it - had to wipe and reinstall

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                ART is still not supported by all apps though and eats a lot of RAM. I enabled it on Lucy's 5 a while back and every now and then it becomes unstable and needs rebooting. It is definitely fast though. I tried it on my ancient galaxy ace 2 and it trashed it - had to wipe and reinstall
                Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my eye on it.

Comment

Went with the S4 Mini 4G in the end. It'll fit inside my running armband (and pocket) and will be up to date on the tech front for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    They've improved then. Battery on xperia s was the worst ever
                    Xperia's far improved since that gen. The Z line especially is their flagship line and contests any other comer in every department

Comment

Got Lollipop on my Nexus 5 today. Very nice. I like the pin screen function in particular.

Comment

Still haven't received it just checked again and it still says I'm up to date on 4.4.

Looking forward to it. I like my N5 a lot, despite its poor battery life.

Comment

I don't want it...only recently got SkyGo working properly on my Nexus5 and Lollipop will break it again.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Still haven't received it just checked again and it still says I'm up to date on 4.4.

Looking forward to it. I like my N5 a lot, despite its poor battery life.
                            You could always go the factory image download and install route if you know your stuff on that score.

Like you, I'm waiting for it to hit my N5!

Comment

Smart lock is also cool.when the phone is connected to the Bluetooth in the car the screen doesn't lock.

Comment

Tasker can do do even more stuff like detect home wifi network and refuse to autolock.

Comment

Working...
                                X