Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got lollipop aka chupa chup on my N5 last night, did a manual install which was pretty easy and didnt have to root or wipe my phone to d it. All Im waiting for is to see how effective Project Volta is. In other words, yes it looks a bit prettier (I've tuned all animations etc off from developer options) but I just want longer battery life. I'm not going to get an N6 either so this baby has to last me a while longer than usual.

Comment

Cool, keep us updated - it hasn't appeared OTA on Lucy's yet.

Comment

Nokia Here maps available on Android ( and I think iOS but not sure):

HERE is a PaaS for building, deploying and scaling location solutions. Create custom maps, visualize location datasets, gather insights and buy and sell location assets.

offline map mode, turn by turn navigation etc. Free.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Tasker can do do even more stuff like detect home wifi network and refuse to autolock.
          Thanks. Gave this a go. Initially worked ok but then put the phone into a weird state requiring a reboot lol.

Comment

I think that's a "feature"

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Nokia Here maps available on Android ( and I think iOS but not sure):

HERE is a PaaS for building, deploying and scaling location solutions. Create custom maps, visualize location datasets, gather insights and buy and sell location assets.

offline map mode, turn by turn navigation etc. Free.
              Is this like the old Nokia Maps I had on my 5800? If so, this is awesome. Much better than google's effort.

Comment

lol, why does it need to be able to send SMS and read my call log and my contact cards...wtf.... (I guess because it's free and they are datamining to make money....)

Comment

It is frustrating how it's impossible to use modern technology without signing over effectively all of your personal information.

Comment

So Lollypop has made my Nexus 5 slower than a snail...can't swipe apps closed without retrying multiple times either.

Comment

But battery life? Maybe it just halves the CPU allowance

Comment

Cleared the cache and it solved the sluggish response thankfully.

As for swiping apps closed...they seem to have changed it. Now instead of just swiping anywhere you need to swipe from the middle of the screen outwards.
                        Just need to get used to it I think.

New keyboard seems better too...no more pressing v instead of space bar for me

Comment

Has anyone bought or tried the Amazon phone?

Comment

Didn't even know they did a phone

Comment

Black Friday vodafone deals: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/blackfriday/index.htm

Comment

Need a new phone as my Galaxy S2 is broken. I would love another frankly as I think it's a fantastic phone but short of outright purchasing one, I can't get them.

Anyone used the Ace 4? Reviews seem to moan about lack of ram but new OS seems to negate that. 512mb is low though.

Failing that I like the S4 Mini but even that isn't available via EE.

I like Android and Samsung phones really.

Comment

Working...
                                X