Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got an S4 mini LTE (sim free / unlocked) - very pleased with it, but there are still times where I wish it was a tiny bit quicker - I think the standard Samsung interface slows it down a bit. I'm liking being able to use online banking though (barclays app refuses to work on rooted OS like Cyanogenmod). I wonder if I can put vanilla android on it. Lucy's Nexus 5 is definitely nippier. Only downside for me is lack of SD slot - oddly it gives you the option to move stuff to SD though (fails obviously). So I can't stick loads of music on it.

Ace 4 is a lot cheaper and meant to be a decent step up over the Ace 2 (which now seems very sluggish now that I've tried the S4 mini)
    Last edited by charlesr; 30-11-2014, 17:18.

Comment

Considering I love my S2 and find it rapid I imagine the 4 mini would be a treat for me.

Thanks Chaz. Will have to try to get one.

Comment

On re syncing my replacement iPhone 5, I noticed I'm not hugely off busting the 64Gb. Thinking about switching to the 128Gb 6, what would I be likely to get for the 64Gb 5? Handset is a brand new replacement I was only just given on Thursday by Apple.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          On re syncing my replacement iPhone 5, I noticed I'm not hugely off busting the 64Gb. Thinking about switching to the 128Gb 6, what would I be likely to get for the 64Gb 5? Handset is a brand new replacement I was only just given on Thursday by Apple.
          Probably around ?250-300 would be my guess but the 6 is horrid, have you held one yet. Mine went as the hand feel was dreadful (for me)

Comment

I'm just going to reduce the amount of stuff that syncs over, there's loads in there I wouldn't listen to much anyway. I think I'm pretty attached to my 5, I just really like it and it does all I need.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Thanks Chaz. Will have to try to get one.
              Everytime you say Chaz it reminds me I must take a photo of the personalised plate on a BMW near work

CHA2 80Y

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                Probably around ?250-300 would be my guess but the 6 is horrid, have you held one yet. Mine went as the hand feel was dreadful (for me)
                Gotta be honest - I think the 6 feels alright in the hand. It's just the size that's off-putting for me/other people, and possibly the look of it too.

I feel like I'd still prefer a 5s but, having held a 6 and 6 Plus, it feels incredibly tiny now.
                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-12-2014, 01:01.

Comment

My work 5s feels tiny compared to my 6 plus.

I think that the 6 is the sweet spot for size if you want a phone though. But the better battery of the 6plus is a huge plus

Comment

Problem I find with the 6 is you need to stretch I know you can double tap the home button but thats it the point I think if you are wanting bigger it's an all or nothing either go iphone 6 plus or stay with a 5s

Comment

You think phones bigger than 4 inches are too big right up until you've had one for more than a week, IMO. When I got my Nexus 5 I moved from an old school 3.5" iPhone 4. At first it felt giant but now I wouldn't want to use anything smaller. It's way more useful and still perfectly usable with one hand.

Comment

I've used a Nexus 5 a fair bit, but think it's far too big
                        Last edited by charlesr; 15-12-2014, 09:18.

Comment

Got rung up by EE the other day.. Nexus 4 with 10GB of data and unlimited txt/calls for ?20 a month.. Assuming that's a 2 year contract, but I accidentally cut off the sales bod half way through the call...

Would it have been a good deal?

Comment

Nexus 4? Not really. Nexus 5, not bad.

Comment

That's not a bad deal for even sim only really, assuming it's 4G, and guess it is Nexus 5, Nexus 4 is pretty old now.

Just over six months in to my contract with EE and calling them today to see if I can get the Data increased, free of charge of course.

Comment

Steve Jobs announced the original iPhone at an Apple Keynote event on this day eight years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X