Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw someone using an original iPhone the other day.

Looks more dated than an Apple Lisa now.

Comment

My Galaxy Note Home button broke yesterday, it also seems to think it is charging sometimes when the cable is unplugged and the camera is still broken. Cancelled my rolling giffgaff contract and decided to get a proper one again.

So I got an iPhone 6 with unlimited data on 3. Handset is really solidly built, love the clink of the power cable being inserted.

And frankly speaking, Android is rubbish. I'm not going to miss it after 6 years of hassle.
      Last edited by speedlolita; 11-02-2015, 16:14.

Comment

Pffft, big talk from Mister I Don't Change My Phone.

You've lied to your own mother!

Comment

Eh, 3 and a half years was a good run.

Comment

Android rubbish?

Lol. I use both iOS 8 and Lollipop every day and they're about on an even keel for me.

Comment

Yeah, I'd be happy with either, they're both fine. Particular manufacturers have the opportunity to balls up their handsets with updates of course. I believe Samsung does this more often than Apple.

Comment

Well, it's early days yet and my Android handset was a few years old I guess but it was never as responsive as this. Clearly I'm talking out of my behind.

Nice to have a more regular sized phone anyway.

Comment

Brand new flagship handset in better to use than 4 year old handset shocker :P

Comment

Stock Android (like on Nexus and Motorola phones) is where it's at.

It's the skinned variants like Samsung TouchWiz and HTC Sense that are rubbish, although the latter has improved to be fair.

Comment

Sony version of Android isn't too bad either to be fair.

Comment

Here's a question.

My girlfriend and I both need new phones. I have an iPhone 4, and she has a 3GS. To be honest, we're pretty happy with the performance of both of them, but they're old units (the iPhone 4 is 5 years I think, the iPhone 3GS even older), so we're looking to replace them with new iPhone models as they're getting a bit worn-out.

I was thinking of going into the EE shop, offering to get us both 24-month contracts with handsets that are similar in terms to my current SIM-only EE contract (I bought the iPhone 4 outright).

What I wanted to ask is which handset do people recommend?

Weirdly, I've never been that fond of the iPhone 5; I actually find the taller screen annoying as I can't reach the top-right icon with my left thumb when I hold the handset with my left hand (that make sense?). Still, all of the newer models (5/5S/5C/6) use that taller display, so I guess I'm stuck with it.

External casing doesn't matter with me. Like my current phone, it's going in one of these:

Not interested in Android - don't want to debate about it either; just not interested full-stop.

I had thought of maybe the 5C. People say they're poor, but I find impartial mobile phone advice hard to find online. It seems a lot of places that talk about phones are similar to when audiophiles talk about TV kit - like if it's not the very top-of-the-line, not only is it bad but it's utterly, utterly ****, useless garbage. Like when I got my gf the 3GS, I had people telling me it was a "waste of space" and "good only for the bin" when it's served her perfectly well for nearly 2 years (not bad for ?70!!).

Do people have any advice? What is the "jump" like from iPhone 5 to 5s/c to 6?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Here's a question.

My girlfriend and I both need new phones. I have an iPhone 4, and she has a 3GS. To be honest, we're pretty happy with the performance of both of them, but they're old units (the iPhone 4 is 5 years I think, the iPhone 3GS even older), so we're looking to replace them with new iPhone models as they're getting a bit worn-out.

I was thinking of going into the EE shop, offering to get us both 24-month contracts with handsets that are similar in terms to my current SIM-only EE contract (I bought the iPhone 4 outright).

What I wanted to ask is which handset do people recommend?

Weirdly, I've never been that fond of the iPhone 5; I actually find the taller screen annoying as I can't reach the top-right icon with my left thumb when I hold the handset with my left hand (that make sense?). Still, all of the newer models (5/5S/5C/6) use that taller display, so I guess I'm stuck with it.

External casing doesn't matter with me. Like my current phone, it's going in one of these:

Not interested in Android - don't want to debate about it either; just not interested full-stop.

I had thought of maybe the 5C. People say they're poor, but I find impartial mobile phone advice hard to find online. It seems a lot of places that talk about phones are similar to when audiophiles talk about TV kit - like if it's not the very top-of-the-line, not only is it bad but it's utterly, utterly ****, useless garbage. Like when I got my gf the 3GS, I had people telling me it was a "waste of space" and "good only for the bin" when it's served her perfectly well for nearly 2 years (not bad for ?70!!).

Do people have any advice? What is the "jump" like from iPhone 5 to 5s/c to 6?
                          Having had a 5, 5c, 5s and a 6. I think your best bet if you can is to find a refurb 5s. Im
                          currently using a 5 having upgraded to a 6 and hating the size of it. On performance and signal quality my 5 seems to better my wife's 5c (both on the same network) I would say any are fine so get whichever you can for best value, I would pick a 5s if it's close (think O2 have refurbs for around ?25-30 pm at the moment) if you are unsure on screen size the 6 is even more stretched and needs a double tap to make it useable one handed if you only have small/average size hands
                          Last edited by ETC; 17-02-2015, 20:22.

Comment

the 5s is 2 years old now, so you just need to think how long that model will last before Apple stop supporting it also.

Comment

I got my upgrade iPhone 6 plus today and it's still in its box

I think I may have made a wrong choice

Comment

After using a Note for 3 years I absolutely love the form factor of the 6.

And really, at this point, why would you buy an outdated model? Doesn't make much sense to me when you look at pricing.

Comment

Working...
                                X