Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up Buster, the size you mean? must admit I am starting to think my Sony Z Ultra is a touch too large now.

Asura, those Griffin cases are great aren't they, got son one for his iPad mini couple of years back and it's virtually indestructable.

Comment

Asura.

I'm rocking an iPhone 5C that I got about 9 months ago on a 24 month contract. Was on an iPhone 4 before then like you. The jump was quite nice- the bigger screen being a positive, and the extra speed compared to my aging 4 was noticeable.

You sound like you are in the same position I was, where you don't need the brand new model- and probably don't care if you can't get the newest games or apps on it. The 5c handset was free, and was ?25 a month for everything I was having before on sim only for ?17, so was worth the upgrade.

Impartially, and seeing that you seem to be in a similar situation to me- I would recommend a 5c- they get the benefits of a new model (not as good as 5s and above- but from what you've said- will you notice it if you had it) but they are also the cheaper of the handsets on offer too.

Comment

Might be of interest to folks looking at Chinese mobiles: http://www.gizchina.com/2015/02/18/t...ble-on-amazon/

Comment

The missus Galaxy S3 is giving her all sorts of issues lately, probably needs a reset to remove years of guff from it. She's eager to get my Xperia Z off me so had a look at my account, just a few months till I can upgrade. It's scary how quick these multi gear contracts come round.

Comment

Superman, my missus has an S3 also, removing the Facebook app helped speed the phone up a bit, but in the end a full factory reset did make a huge difference.

Marty thanks for that link, some lovely looking phones there due to the very small bezels.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
              Impartially, and seeing that you seem to be in a similar situation to me- I would recommend a 5c- they get the benefits of a new model (not as good as 5s and above- but from what you've said- will you notice it if you had it) but they are also the cheaper of the handsets on offer too.
              I was thinking that, but it seems all the networks are currently only offering 8gb 5C's - which, following a few updates, will be 4gb in no time, knowing Apple.

Whilst I don't have a problem with 16gb (that's what I have now) I know that 8gb would feel very restrictive.

Orange/EE have an offer right now, ?10 start and ?34 a month for the iPhone 5S on a 24-month contract. That's ?800-odd, but currently I'm on a sim-only contract where my bill is similar to yours, i.e. about ?20 anyway, so ?500. Basically it means I get the 5S handset for ?300 and the 24-month period, which I find acceptable.

Probably going to go with that; though as we're getting 2 contracts on-the-spot, going to insist they waive the tenner cost for both of us and see what they say.

Comment

When I got my S4 mini I turned on all the battery saving options. One of them was limiting the CPU and now that I've turned that off (so it's now full speed), the battery life is improved. Odd but true. Probably because I spend less time with the screen on.

Comment

Cheers, will give all the suggestions a go. She'll be much relieved even if it improves it just a little.

Did a little scout on what's upcoming and it seems a safe bet I'll just get a Z4. Had zero issues or complaints with my Z so may as well stick it out for another turn

Comment

Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge announced a short time ago.

Following countless leaks and endless teasers, Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge smartphones. The pair of S6 phones succeed the Galaxy S5, Samsung's prior flagship...

Comment

Had forgotten about that reveal, do like the Edge versions of phones. The icons on that screen look massive, especially on a 5.1 inch display. Wonder if they are scaleable.

Galaxy S6

What I'm currently rocking icon size wise (on the left)

Last edited by VR46; 01-03-2015, 17:11.

Comment

Looks like BT's takeover of EE is complete. BT Mobile now available starting at ?5 a month for BT Broadband customers.

Comment

Can't find any tethering details on their site - I'm curious as to what their limitations are on it. Unlimited 4G tethering is a godsend for me as my home internet is awfully slow and patchy!

Comment

You'll be lucky to find any new deals for unlimited 4G tethering for a decent price anywhere nowadays.

Comment

Anyone know of a good budget smartphone?.. Need to get my pan lids a new phone, can't buy one without the other so not looking to break the ?50-?60 mark, I know this wont get me a ground breaking phone, but there must be something out there?..

Comment

Have a search on HotUKDeals see what comes up with a high rating, unless anyone knows a certain model on offer.

On another note, amazed at the quality of the slow motion feature in videos on the iPhone 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X