Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't worry too much about 4G, the coverage doesn't extend outside of large city centres at the moment and quite often there is actually a surcharge on your contract for having 4G even enabled. that is really worth paying attention to on PAYG.

The 5S is a fairly significant upgrade, so if you were thinking of buying one of those you have to bare in mind that is is likely to have support for newer OS' and things sooner.
    The camera is massively improved on the 5S and the touch ID is fantastic too.

Comment

Why not just buy a second hand 16gb 5 or 5c should be easy to get one for ?130-200?

Comment

Gutted the latest Xperia Z Ultra Lollipop update has removed the ability to have small icons, been using them for twelve months and now being back to massive icons is awful, seems I'm not alone looking online, hope they patch it back in.

Comment

Don't upgrade android phones. Ever. All of them always end up worse than when you started! My blanket statement for the day lol.

Comment

Yes a factory reset could be in order for me. Annoying thing is they've added small icons to Z3 and removed them from my phone

Bring back small icons

Comment

I really like the Lollipop upgrade. Sorry!

EDIT: What I don't like is every time somebody talks about Lollipop, all I have rattling around my head is that stooopid song:
              "Lollipop, lollipop, ooh lolly lolly lolly.
              Lollipop, lollipop, ooh lolly lolly lolly.
              Lollipop.
              *POP*
              Ba dum dum dum
              ."
              Last edited by QualityChimp; 10-06-2015, 08:28.

Comment

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1324440073

Comment

Mental.

Comment

Faster than I ever got even when 4G first launched on Three, I topped out at about 28Mb then. 18 months on and I get 8 - 10Mb

Still, it's better than my home internet!

Comment

EE here too Brad, beat you on the upload speed and ping, and can't complain about 30mb down I guess

Link http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1324585848

Comment

Ha ha where I live you can only get a GPRS signal on everything apart from 3. when I was on O2 I barely got that ping in Kb

3 is not bad though

Last edited by ETC; 15-06-2015, 13:05.

Comment

Do love the magnetic charger lead for the Sony phones, wish I had bought one a year ago, couple of quid on ebay, seems to charge faster and saves the flap wear and tear. And nobody else at work can ask to borrow your lead

Comment

My contract is up for renewal in 5 months so I'm looking now at what to get as refuse to pay more than ?20pm.

I'm quite happy getting what would be a top of the range phone right now 6 months down the line and put a bit of money towards it rather than make the mistake I made last time and get a mid-range phone for free that 12 months into my contract I regretted as I quickly became dated.

My criteria is simply this -

Windows OS. I currently have a Lumia and am really happy with Windows. I dislike Android (unless it has drastically changed in the last year) and cant afford iPhones these days so that rules them out.

A big screen. My previous phone was a Galaxy Note and I miss the big screen.

On Orange as it's the only way I get signal in my house.

Any recommendations, people?

Comment

Samsung S4 mini, left overnight with every stupid "feature" turned off apart from mobile and wifi. Goes from 100% to 30% in 8 hrs. Stupid Samsung overlay.

Installed Cyanogenmod. Goes from 78% to 68% in 8hrs with everything turned on. Brilliant.

Now just need to check if there's any reliable way to unroot temporarily so I can use the stupid Barclays app (it refuses to work with root).
                              Last edited by charlesr; 24-06-2015, 09:29.

Comment

Z3 with everything turned on loses about 1% an hour

Saw the other day someone put their Samsung tablet in flight mode and it lost 70% in 51 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X