This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Yeah, 3's All-In-One 15 PAYG tariff was scandalously good value. I used that for my Nexus 5 when my iPhone 4 was working so that I had a second phone with all the data I could handle.

Just a shame that the price of it appears to have gone up to ?20 a month now.
    Really? I've not been made aware of that and I'm about to top up

Comment

Apple event (expected iPhone 6S/6S Plus reveals) on Wednesday 9th September at 10AM PST (6PM BST), as I'm sure you all know by now.

Comment

Nice!

I upgraded from a iPhone 4 to a iPhone 5S just before the iPhone 6 was released and at the time, I never thought i'll want one.

But as I've been using a 6 and 6+ at work most days, I've really come round to the size and smooth edge form factor of the iPhone 6. It's not too big and almost would remove the need for me to have a iPad Mini 2. If the new phones look good, I'll give my Wife my iPhone 5s when my contract runs out in January and buy myself the new model.

Has anyone got a iPhone 6+ that they use day to day and if so, what's your impressions of the size?

Comment

I've got a 6+, overall I really like it.
          There are 2 occasions when it is annoying

1: the need to take a photo one handed. It's impossible
          2: occasionally it doesn't fit in a practical pocket

Also, it's been a pain to get cases, hardly any are available by comparison to the 6
          I'm actually considering downsizing to the 6s when it comes round to see how I go.

Comment

Song's new Z5 looks very nice. The Z5 Premium has A 4K screen!!

Comment

My Z2 contract is up this month will prob deffo go with Z5....I bet that 4k screen is a beaut tho imo not needed, I'll go for the 1080p model - bound to have better battery life.

Comment

4K version still has 2 day battery...

...allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  I've got a 6+, overall I really like it.
                  There are 2 occasions when it is annoying

1: the need to take a photo one handed. It's impossible
                  2: occasionally it doesn't fit in a practical pocket

Also, it's been a pain to get cases, hardly any are available by comparison to the 6
                  I'm actually considering downsizing to the 6s when it comes round to see how I go.
                  Thanks for the impressions Boris. I think I'll go with the 6 or 6S (Whatever they call it) unless Apple throw a spanner in the works and show off a smaller phone. That'll be tricky then!

Comment

Vodafone sent me a text saying the work to improve the coverage in my area has now been completed. It's true. I can now get a signal inside the house (without using the Suresignal). It varies between no bars and 1 bar now Muppets

Comment

These are looking very nicely specced considering the cost: http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...sation-1302569

Comment

Yeah bargainous

Comment

hmm.. they look quite nice indeed.. Need reviewskies first though..

Comment

Today's the day - iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are expected to be announced at Apple HQ from 6pm UK BST.

Having rocked an iPhone 4 (until very recently) for the best part of FIVE years, I do think I'll be upgrading. I've been using a Nexus 5 but I feel like I've fallen out of love with Android somewhat, and I say that as someone who does advocate using stock Android over skinned Android.

Anybody else likely to upgrade to the new iPhone?
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 09-09-2015, 09:48.

Comment

Nah...too expensive. Interesting new leaks of the new Nexus 5 have emerged though. I hope it's ?300 like the last one.

I'll probably just keep my using my current Nexus 5 though still very nippy, although at this point I think the Gamegear ran through its batteries more slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Nah...too expensive. Interesting new leaks of the new Nexus 5 have emerged though. I hope it's ?300 like the last one.

I'll probably just keep my using my current Nexus 5 though still very nippy, although at this point I think the Gamegear ran through its batteries more slowly.
                                Yep, the N5's battery life is dire - arguably even worse than what you got with the N4 and the Galaxy Nexus beforehand, which is quite a feat.

As far as the pricing of future Nexus handsets goes...who knows? Google seemed to have set out their stall with the premium pricing of the Nexus 6 but I can't imagine that sold well (being a phablet probably didn't help the issue either).

Size-wise, the new LG Nexus phone appears (according to rumours) to be even bigger - that's an instant deal-breaker for me as 5" is the limit as far I'm concerned. I also can't see it being ?300 or lower. Looks like my N5 will be hanging around as a spare handset once I get an iPhone 6s.

Comment

Working...
                                X