Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well **** me. I didn't think it had bluetooth! Dilema time now then!

edit: you know why I thought that? Because my mate's been going on about how it won't work with his shiny new expensive bluetooth headphones. So yeah, he probably means he can't listen to music via them. Hands free then? Sorted
    Last edited by ChrisF; 12-11-2007, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
      Yea I heard about this.

There IS bluetooth on there but am I to assume that's just for headsets?
      Seems to be. Who knows if Apple will ever allow regular bluetooth file transfers?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
        Well **** me. I didn't think it had bluetooth!

Comment

Maaaaan! That's cool. As above though - think I got stitched up by my mate

Early look at the Google phone OS - Android:
          Simplify your Android development, grow your user base, and monetize more effectively with Google Play services.

Looking good!

<cough>3G
          Last edited by ChrisF; 12-11-2007, 16:52.

Comment

<cough> Vapourware <cough>

Comment

Vapourware?!? Its out there man!

Comment

I'm talking about the handsets which are a good while away, if ever. None of the previous mobile phone alliances have come to anything and even MS have barely made a dent in the market.

I somehow doubt Symbian are losing much sleep over this.

Those demo handsets in the video have a distinctly 'we're not trying to rip off the iPhone honest guv' look about the UI.

Comment

I think that HTC have stated their first Android based handsets are going to ship first quarter of 2008?

I think it's quite interesting to see Google entering this sector, and I think they're going to get a lot of support from developers. Especially as they're offering $10m cash money to develop software for it. A contest myself and a friend are seriously considering entering.

I don't think that Symbian will lose much sleep, like you say, but it might force Apple to seriously look at opening their system (instead of the token guesture they're going to be making).

Comment

Anyway, more importantly... OMG, the Orange answer phone woman has changed??!?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                      Anyway, more importantly... OMG, the Orange answer phone woman has changed??!?
                      Does she sound like a woman now then?

Comment

Hell yes

Comment

A day in with the iPhone and I'm loving it. It just seems to do everything so well and easily. I've had PDAs and mobile devices for about 15 years now and this is the first one which has combined all I need in to one device without becoming a clunky mess of a device. Yes, there's some missing features and things like the camera could be a higher spec, but its just such a well thought-out UI and piece of kit in general. Mobile browsing and email are finally viable on the move without being severely limited in one way or another.

Seriously, check one out if you get a chance.

And my keyboard typing is quite quick now, even with my sausage-like thumbs.

Comment

Talking of new phones, what do you think of this??

Bang & Olufsen's new effort with Samsung.

I've not seen it in the flesh and to be honest i'm not really digging the design, there have been a few products recently that haven't looked good in picture but have turned out to be gorgeous in real life.

Press release with specs here http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFile...erenata_PR.pdf

I'm currently taking pre orders if anyone wants one!!

Comment

Bit of a question, don't know if this is the right place. Ive got a Nokia 6120c on T-Mobile and I'm trying to figure out if I'm actually getting HSDPA web access which I should have on my phone.

I don't think I am because the icon on the phone only says 3G whereas the manual says it should say 3.5G if I am getting HSDPA. In addition the connection speed indicated by the phone software on my PC says my connection is 460.8Kbps but HSDPA should be c.1.8Mbps.

I've phoned a few times to try and get it switched on but the customer service bods keep saying the flags are already on my account or its automatically enabled but I don't really believe that. The 'technical help' team doesn't seem any more technically able either. (They've all been lovely by the way it's just they can't answer my questions.)

Anyone in the same situation/work for T-mobile/can offer any advice?!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_fantazmo View Post
                                I'm currently taking pre orders if anyone wants one!! [/LEFT]
                                how much is that going to cost do you know?(i don't want one just wondering)

it looks strange bet its a bugger to text with, and it looks upside down, i'm sure your hand would cover the screen when you use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X