Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might need its own thread but I'll post here and see how many replies I get!

I'm looking to get my girlfriend a phone for xmas but don't have time to sift through endless reviews for the one I'm after.

She currently has a Nokia N73 which she detests due to its slow interface. Now, I know the interface isn't that slow for a smartphone but she's used to having a simpler phone that is very quick to type texts out on and the N73 just isn't up to the job. Neither is its keypad, she hates that too.

So can anyone suggest a good phone which meets the following critria..
    1) Fast interface (flipping between menus, bringing up contacts, starting texts etc.
    2) Compact small design.
    3) A responsive, comfortable keypad. One thats not cramped. (this doesn't mean a qwerty pad and good standard one is fine)
    4) A fairly decent camera, 3 meg one if possible?

Don't mind about the brand but Nokia is preferred. As a guide, my girlfriend really liked her old Nokia 6230's keypad and UI responsiveness.

Any advice appreciated

Comment

6233 or 6300, though they're both only 2meg on the camera.

I've got the former (actually the 6234), the gf has the latter after deciding against the N95. She likes hers best.. it's smaller too.

Comment

6500 classic maybe also.

i've got the 6233 its good but old now, and its a bit on the fat side compared to the 6300/6500

Comment

Originally posted by mt50 View Post
          how much is that going to cost do you know?(i don't want one just wondering)

it looks strange bet its a bugger to text with, and it looks upside down, i'm sure your hand would cover the screen when you use it.
          The last B&O / Samsung phone, the Serene, had a similar arrangement. Try holding a bar phone upside down and imagine entering a text. A lot more comfortable than the screen on top, keys at the bottom way.

Comment

how much is that going to cost do you know?(i don't want one just wondering)

it looks strange bet its a bugger to text with, and it looks upside down, i'm sure your hand would cover the screen when you use it.
            It will probably cost between ?800 and ?1000, sim free.

It has no buttons on it at all apart from the one button in the middle of the click wheel and the click wheel is used to scroll through letters of the alphabet when texting. Will probably be quite complicated. You can slide the back of th ephone up to reveal a loudspeaker, however the loudspeaker is supposed to be sh!t hot!

CMcK, your right about the serene with the screen on the bottom

I find it quite comfortable, however texting is a bit of a pain because of the circular key pad. Sound quality is fantastic, styling is fantastic however sadly lacking in features.

Comment

Reminds me of the Xelibri!

Comment

Jesus! i thought the serene looked complicated to use.

Comment

I am looking to get the Nokia N95 or the Sony K850i

What do you think is better?

Given that I already have a memory stick for a sony

N95

K850i

Comment

N95 mate - best phone on the market, posting this on mine with the nokia blue tooth keyboard.

That B&O phone is a work of art.

Comment

Id say K850 everytime. N95 has poor quality buggy software, but worst of all is its laughable build quality. For a high end expsensive phone it feels terrible in your hands, poor quality plastics and generally cheap feel.

Comment

It depends which network you are on as they put their respective crap into the firmware as well as blocking features.
                        I`m with vodafone, before I had the phone debranded it was slow and had internet calls blocked. And now its lightening fast.
                        As for the build etc I think its ok when you consider whats inside the little fella.

Comment

I am with Vodafone but I could move over to O2 if they keep messing me around!

Comment

ah, my insurance company won't replace my stolen phone! FFS!
                            They said my dad did not claim within 48 hours... Why would they send us all those forms, and also cash the cheque my dad sent if they will not send me a new phone?

One of the guys who mugged me also mugged a friend of mine today... :|

Comment

I got an iPhone a few days ago, but I haven't been able to activate it yet as I want to transfer my old number over to the new contract. I rang Vodafone to get my PAC code (assuming they'd give it over the phone), but was told I'd have to wait for them to send out a letter, and that would take 3 - 4 days

They then phoned me back a few days later to try and talk me into staying with them (and when I declined their offers, the guy basically took the piss out of me for buying an iPhone). At the end of the conversation I asked again how long I'd have to wait for the letter, and was told another 3 - 4 days.

Is this right, or should I be ringing them again and demanding the code? It's pissing me off having a shiny new toy and not being able to use it!

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can still use the phone mate, it will just be a different new number untill your old one gets transferred over. it's only the number that will change, not the sim card.

Comment

Working...
                                X