Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok ive got the new Blackberry storm, so far am loving it, just have a few questions.
    1) vodafone have yet to set it up (it says sim card rejected), how long does it take to fix.
    2) ive read loads of reviews, and they all say it comes with a 8gb memory card (does anyone else have one or work for vodafone, that can confirm this as mine didnt!)
    and finally, once again in the reviews it said it comes preloaded with facebook apps, messenger apps etc.... but mine didnt, can anyone shed any light?

thanks

aaron

Comment

Originally posted by AaronBekir View Post
      Ok ive got the new Blackberry storm, so far am loving it, just have a few questions.
      1) vodafone have yet to set it up (it says sim card rejected), how long does it take to fix.
      2) ive read loads of reviews, and they all say it comes with a 8gb memory card (does anyone else have one or work for vodafone, that can confirm this as mine didnt!)
      and finally, once again in the reviews it said it comes preloaded with facebook apps, messenger apps etc.... but mine didnt, can anyone shed any light?

thanks

aaron
      Got mine through work yesterday.

1. They just need to connect the number really i wouldn't have thought it should take them too long. Once its done and you get network, make sure next to the signal bars it displays GPRS (it needs to be uppercase) or 3G with 4 dots to the right. That just means the Blackberry connection on your number is active and working.

2. Mine didn't have a memory card either, mine was an enterprise version though not prosumer.

3. If you go into the menu and applications the apps are all there but you do need to click them and they will then download and install.

Any questions let me know, i do tech support for Blackberrys

Comment

Ey up. Wondering if anyone fancies chipping in with thoughts on sound quality - ie how clear you can hear people talking on the other end of the line for want of a better explanation?

Might be cos the last landline phone I had was a Bang and Olufsen, which made it sound like the other person was in the same room, and it may well be that mobiles can't begin to compete with 'any' landline in terms of quality, but while my Sony Ericsson K750i is a hardy beast, I miss the odd word and vice versa...

So, anyone care to suggest a current gen phone that's not gonna bug me in this way? Thanks for help in advance...

Comment

I find the sound quality on my iphone 3g very good. The Nokia 6500 Slide I had before, I found that very tinny.

It would be good to hear other peoples thoughts because it is one of the most important factors yet most reviews don't even mention it.

Comment

Have to say I find the audio on my iphone 3G very good, and I also owned a B&O landline previously (a BeoCom 6000).

Comment

Cheers for those - wasn't sure I might discover they're all the same but sounds like there is some difference there. Was quite fancying the iPhone 3G too! Hmm...

Comment

looking for a new mobile, I read some reviews about the storm which have been less than positive. And while I'm aware these will be addressed in future firmware upgrades I really do like the idea of the G1 ( opensource etc ).

Anyone have experience of both phones?

( not an apple fan or the iphone would be an option )

Comment

I'm not an apple fan either, I refused to ever buy anything from Apple, but the Iphone is a fantastic piece of kit.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    I'm not an apple fan either, I refused to ever buy anything from Apple, but the Iphone is a fantastic piece of kit.
                    Yeah I've tried out a few of my mates, and it is pretty swish.

However I ordered the Storm on Thursday , turned up late yesterday afternoon and also ordered the G1 yesterday, which arrived today ^^.

Storm:-

Lovely phone, aside from a few build niggles it looks a high quality piece of kit.Still have a Blackberry pearl so the interface and the navigation was pretty familiar. Downsides , sluggish interface, half the time the touch screen interface took a good few seconds to respond. I've read various reviews that mentioned this but I didn't realise it was this bad, initially I thought maybe my phone was dodgy, but apparently not.

G1 :-

Looks very cheap and feels it too. Really noticed this when I took the back over off to put the battery in, really disappointed in the quality. Visually the interface is no way near that of the Storm , in my opinion anyway. Certain parts looks quite professional and others look very amateur, a certain lack of consistency throughout.
                    However, cosmetics aside the phone is a hell of a lot more responsive than the Storm. The keypad keys, whilst small, work pretty well and the touch screen is a joy to use after feeling fraustrated with the Storm.

So, the Storm is going back and even though it looks worth about ?30 I've decided to keep the G1 basically because it's a lot of fun ^^.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo1990 View Post
                      I've just got a lovely Nokia E71 and am absolutely loving it. However I'm not too fond of the theme it ships with..
                      I'm really quike fickle about my phones - often seduced by the gadgets and then reality sets in with everyday usage. Had a 6500 Slide and Nokia N82 already this year to replace the fantastic 6300 but on both occasions selling them and going back to the 6300 - mainly for being to thick in the pocket.

Anyway, I've now had the E71 for a bit now and think it is a real gem of a phone. I considered the iPhone and Blackberries but both seemed too gimmicky or too big. The E71 is solidly built but really slim. The email isn't push but works really well and the calender view is very smart.

Downsides are the camera (3.2mp) and video are not as good as the N82 (obviously) and I haven't got avi videos running yet (although I know you can).

Well worth a look.

Comment

Hi,

I was lucky enough to have been given the opportunity to test a Nokia N95 8GB N-Gage phone through a company called Wom World who organise Nokia phone trials. In return for the phone (a temporary acquisition - I sadly don't get to keep it! ), they've asked for me to blog my findings and thoughts with regards to the phone and it's N-Gage games.

I am bloggings my findedings on my website here - so if you have time, I'd be grateful if you could take a look over the next couple of weeks and see what I have to say, thanks

Dan

Comment

Bumping this thread for pretty cool news for everyone like me with a drawer full of chargers:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

The world's biggest mobile phone makers and network operators have backed plans to create a universal phone recharger.

Most manufacturers now produce chargers which work only with their own devices.

The re-charger will consume 50% less stand-by energy than today's cables, the GSM Association (GSMA), an umbrella group for the industry, said.

Firms to back the plan include Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, T-Mobile, Orange, 3, AT&T and Vodafone.

The majority of new handsets will support the re-charger by 2012.
                          No more paying out of the nose for a replacement when you lose one and no more sorting through a mess of cables when you lose it. It uses USB as well, so charging off a computer should become a standard feature

Comment

E71 user here - love how such a fully featured qwerty phone has been crammed into such a small, solid form factor. The metal casing really is lovely. Never thought I would use my mobile as a word processor.

Though I am massively tempted by the Nokia 5800, free music who can say no to that? Plus I much prefer the slimmer form factor compared to things like the iPhone.

Comment

Looking for a bit of advice, it seems that my Mum now wants to have a mobile phone. I asked her why and she said she wanted one 'because all her friends have one' which was a little surprising as that's the sort of answer I'd expect from a 13 year old!!!

Anyway, she wants something very simple and she's not interested in a camera or anything else which doesn't involve her making an emergency phone call if she falls or something.

I know that the Vodafone coverage is good where she lives so I think it's best to go with a Vodafone Pay As You Go phone. It doesn't even have to be a new phone but I really have no idea about phones like this.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                                E71 user here - love how such a fully featured qwerty phone has been crammed into such a small, solid form factor. The metal casing really is lovely. Never thought I would use my mobile as a word processor.

Though I am massively tempted by the Nokia 5800, free music who can say no to that? Plus I much prefer the slimmer form factor compared to things like the iPhone.
                                Yeah I'm smitten by the Nokia 5800 - I can do upgradedings at the start of April and plan to get one then

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                                Looking for a bit of advice, it seems that my Mum now wants to have a mobile phone. I asked her why and she said she wanted one 'because all her friends have one' which was a little surprising as that's the sort of answer I'd expect from a 13 year old!!!

Anyway, she wants something very simple and she's not interested in a camera or anything else which doesn't involve her making an emergency phone call if she falls or something.

I know that the Vodafone coverage is good where she lives so I think it's best to go with a Vodafone Pay As You Go phone. It doesn't even have to be a new phone but I really have no idea about phones like this.

Any advice would really be appreciated.
                                How about something like this mate? Alternatively, take a look in WH Smiths as in my local one they had half-price PAYG phones for about ?10 - could be worth a look? I got my mum one of these last year and a fine little phone it is too but I don't think you can get them any more - shame, it was only ?2.88 brand new!!

Anyway, hope that's been helpful John

Comment

Working...
                                X