Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just started using an old (free) Nokia 6021 so that I can sync via bluetooth to my outlook contacts/calendar/notes.

Only problem is that on "all day events" the damn thing starts vibration and beeping for britain at midnight (when the "day" starts)....

I would like to make the calendar alerts silent (and non vibrating) but cannot for the life of me figure out how I make it happen. The tone it uses is different from any of the tones I can find in any of the settings. Anyone got any tips? The manual is useless.

Comment

Is this more in depth than your manual Charles? Any good? If not, maybe try contacting Nokia
      Last edited by funkydan; 20-02-2009, 09:27.

Comment

Same one I've got thanks Dan.

Comment

I seem to be about as much use as a chocolate teapot today!

Comment

Can anyone recommend me a decent pay as you go tariff that give me loads of texts.

Im now out of contract with Orange where i was getting infinite texts and 600 mins for ?30 a month, but that was an 18 month contract and i don't want to be tied to something again.

Ive noticed that a lot of companies are now doing monthly plan type deals but on pay as you go and was wondering what the best option for me is?

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Ring them up and threaten to cancel your contract, they'll offer you something. I've just left T-mobile at the weekend and they offered me a 100 mins and 100 texts for ?5 deal to try and dissuade me from going on PAYG.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Can anyone recommend me a decent pay as you go tariff that give me loads of texts.

Im now out of contract with Orange where i was getting infinite texts and 600 mins for ?30 a month, but that was an 18 month contract and i don't want to be tied to something again.

Ive noticed that a lot of companies are now doing monthly plan type deals but on pay as you go and was wondering what the best option for me is?

Any help is appreciated.
                I'm on O2 PAYG and as long as I top up ?10 a month I get 300 free texts (plus the ?10 credit). Additionally if I top up ?15 total over a month I get 150 minutes, ?30 gives 300 minutes. And again I still have the ?30 credit. O2 also give you 10% back every 3 or 4months, can't remember which and the bolt ons work really well. For a fiver a month for example you get half price calls and texts to 3 favourite numbers.

Comment

Check out my mobile review site for some Japanese handsets I used to own. Currently have the iPhone and love it.

Comment

I'm trying to update the firmware on my Nokia 6021.
                    I have the CA-42 official Nokia usb cable.
                    When I plug the phone in, Nokia PC suite quite happily notices it and allows me to sync with outlook.
                    But when I try and update the firmware with nokia software updater, it is "unable to find phone"....

I can find the phone (on the desk!).
                    Nokia PC suite can find the phone (oooo usb cable there it is!)
                    My children can find the phone (oooo shiny thing lights up when touched and bitten!)

Why the bleep can't Nokia software updater find it?
                    Windows firewall is off and I use one in my router instead.
                    I tried turning Nod32 off as well.

Edit: I have a feeling my phone doesn't work with NSU..... bah. Well at least the cable is less fidly than mucking around with bluetooth. Will a mobile phone shop be able to flash it for me instead?
                    Last edited by charlesr; 25-02-2009, 10:22.

Comment

Have you tried switching the phone off and using the updater? I know sony ericssons need to be off for updating.

Comment

It says it needs to be on. Pretty sure my phone is too old though.
                        tmobile shop in town said they'd need to send it off. I'll live without the update!

Comment

What do people think about these free PS3/free netbook offers with some phones/networks?

Comment

A couple of years back I got a free TomTom sat nav with a new phone and that was just fine!

What you'll usually find though Gunrock is that you'll be tied into an 18 month (or sometimes 24 month) contract, and that you will be paying at least £35-£40 per month. Check the small print.

There are some good deals to be found though, and if you can get a decent phone that you are happy to live with for up to 18 months and a free gift that you really want and you're not fussed how much you pay per month, I say go for it (some deals may even allow you to upgrade after 12-15 months of a 18 month contract). Maybe try here or here

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                              A couple of years back I got a free TomTom sat nav with a new phone and that was just fine!

What you'll usually find though Gunrock is that you'll be tied into an 18 month (or sometimes 24 month) contract, and that you will be paying at least £35-£40 per month. Check the small print.

There are some good deals to be found though, and if you can get a decent phone that you are happy to live with for up to 18 months and a free gift that you really want and you're not fussed how much you pay per month, I say go for it (some deals may even allow you to upgrade after 12-15 months of a 18 month contract). Maybe try here or here
                              Thanks for the feedback fd. I'm well out of contract and although I'm happy with my clunky old O2 XDA brick of a phone, I've worked out that the 400 mins a month I have is not enough. As I'm going out of plan, my bill is around 30 - 50(!!) quid a month anyway, so I was figuring that I could get a 30 quid a month 600 minute plan (which should be enough) and a free PS3 to boot.

Another question is, I'm on O2 sim-only at the moment, if I get one of these deals with a Sony Ericsson or LG phone, could I just take the SIM and put it in my old phone? That way I stick with my windows mobile phone and can sell the new one.

Cheers,
                              Last edited by gunrock; 27-02-2009, 09:41.

Comment

Probably, but why not try the o2 sim in your old phone now - and then you'll know!

Oh and with Mobiles.co.uk, they throw Singstar and the mics in with the PS3 too - bargain!

Comment

Working...
                                X