Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im in the same boat as Spatial at the mo' and im stuck on what to get........

Is there actually a decent mobile phone out there that has an 8 megaPix camera and a qwerty board for decent web browsing? I have a feeling im asking for too much on this one............ The Iphone does look interesting but i need a decent camera, as i don't have a stand alone cam no more.......

Comment

Just don't get the LG Renoir. The touchscreen on that thing is abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
        I went for the Blackberry Bold in the end.

Got it today and have only had the chance to have a quick play around with it. I need to spend more time faffing about but the first impressions are that it's very slick and I'm not disappointed with it in the slightest.

Cheers to all that offered advice and help.

Comment

I'd get a case or some kind of skin for it if you want to keep it in good condition, or at least keep it in a pocket on its own. The stuff RIM use to colour the plastic silver scrapes off extremely easily.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post

Is there actually a decent mobile phone out there that has an 8 megaPix camera and a qwerty board for decent web browsing? I have a feeling im asking for too much on this one............ The Iphone does look interesting but i need a decent camera, as i don't have a stand alone cam no more.......

Thats my only gripe with my iPhone really, the camera does indeed teh suck

If apple stuck a 5mp camera with a flash in a new model, id upgrade instantly and would be happy forever more with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
              I'd get a case or some kind of skin for it if you want to keep it in good condition, or at least keep it in a pocket on its own. The stuff RIM use to colour the plastic silver scrapes off extremely easily.
              Totally, I learnt a long time ago to always buy a case for my phones as they tend to get a bit battered otherwise.

I'm looking at the nice Case-mate smart skin with its own rubberised keys.

Comment

I've just been brave/stupid and ordered an LG Arena (KM900)! Should be here on Monday so I'll let you know what I think of it

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                  I've just been brave/stupid and ordered an LG Arena (KM900)! Should be here on Monday so I'll let you know what I think of it
                  Certainly looks nice and slick. Basically an iphone with a 5mp camera, nice!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Certainly looks nice and slick. Basically an iphone with a 5mp camera, nice!
                    That's what I thought!

Comment

I just got an Xperia:

Comment

Cool beans Sonic! How is it?

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                          Arse! It's not coming until 23rd March!

Comment

Can any of yous guys linky me to a top 5 list of Blackberry games or recommended me some?

Comment

I'm looking to upgrade my phone now, at the moment I have a SE K850iHTC s710 and a which I was given by work but I've only switched it on a couple of times due to liking the K850i.

I'm now thinking of going the smart phone route and I'm not sure which to go for.

Internet access will pretty much be email with very occasional browsing. I'm not really interested in playing music or videos on my phone but I suppose I may if the option was there I suppose.

I'd like to have a camera but it's not essential if there are enough positives in other areas for me to get past that.

I'm with Vodafone at the moment & have no problems at all so would rather stay with them as this is a fairly remote area. I've checked with friends and O2 also seem to be good in this area.

The phones I'd been thinking about are:

SonyEricsson Xperia (Free)
                              Blackberry Storm (Free)
                              Blackberry Bold (Free)
                              iPhone (Chargeable - Ignore the quoted O2 prices, I was supposed to pay ?150 for the K850i but got it for free. I've always gone for upgrades that are around ?150 and I've not once paid for them.)

With the iPhone there are 2 models available (8GB & 16GB), if I'm not interested in playing media on it, are there any other differences between the two?

I've sort of narrowed it down to the Xperia & iPhone but I'm happy to listen to alternatives, included models which aren't listed above.

Will there be any problems connecting an iPhone to my Mac if I've already got an iPod connected to it? I don't want it to see the phone as anything to do with my music when it's connected?

I'm happy to listen to any advice, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry
                                With the iPhone there are 2 models available (8GB & 16GB), if I'm not interested in playing media on it, are there any other differences between the two?
                                The 16GB model has 8GB more memory!

I'm just stating the obvious mate. No, there is no difference whatsoever between the two models except the 8GB jump in memory and two different colours; 8GB is black, 16GB is white (on the back cover).

I've not got a bad word to say about the iPhone especially the 3G model, which is superb. I'd get that as the support and popularity of it (in regards to applications and general updates and additions to make it better over time) is great.

It would be a nice addition with your Mac too.

Comment

Working...
                                X