Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A chap at o2 verified it today at cpw. Got the iPhone posting off it now! It's so cool, what are the must have apps and games then?

Comment

Got a spare couple of hours?

My most played game is probably Bix, simple but very effective/addictive.

Comment

Aaron, I was in a similar conundrum as I had a phone liked (LG Viewty) and an excellent £30 contract with Orange which is due to run until the start of July, but I wanted a new phone, in particular an iphone so I just thought f*ck it and got one. I got a PAC number and transferred my number from Orange and haven't looked back since. Of course, at some stage I'll get a bill from Orange for my last few months but it should only be for £90 or so.

Why not get the iphone, and keep your other phone but see if Orange can reduce your tariff to a much lower one? It's gotta be worth a try!

I've just got my iphone but are you saying I'll get a free upgrade from the 3G to the 4G when it comes out in the summer? Are you sure this wasn't a selling tactic?!

As for killers apps Aaron, check the iphone Apps thread in the Off Topic forum

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
          I've just got my iphone but are you saying I'll get a free upgrade from the 3G to the 4G when it comes out in the summer?
          4G? I thought that was a few years off yet, or have I missed something?

I wouldn't be surprised if o2 do offer upgrades to the new model in the summer as, IIRC, they did it last year for the 3G model. Which will be nice as I'm still less than a year into my 18 month contract.

Comment

When I say 4G, I mean the fourth generation iphone, sorry for any confusion. As for this upgrade which sounds pretty cool, would you just start a new contract with o2 on this? And do you have to return your old iphone? Sorry, I am an iphone n00b!

Comment

When I say 4G, I mean the fourth generation iphone, sorry for any confusion. As for this upgrade which sounds pretty cool, would you just start a new contract with o2 on this? And do you have to return your old iphone? Sorry, I am an iphone n00b!
              Ah I see - sorry, I thought I had missed some massive announcement from Apple about the new version having 4G!

Am not sure about the terms of the upgrade as when I bought my iPhone last August it was the first one I had but I'm guessing you'd have to start a new 18 month (or however long) contract but you'd get to keep your old phone - perhaps someone could confim what happened with the last upgrade.

Comment

When the iPhone 3G came out I upgraded for £99 and they binned the old contract and I started a fresh 18 month contract. A mate at work was stiffed by CPW though and he ended up adding 18 months to his existing contract.
                Hopefully I'll get a similar deal this year assuming I think the upgrade is worthwhile.

Comment

Apart from the 3G iPhone is the 2nd gen iPhone

Comment

yeah, ive spoken to 2 people at CPW and a few at o2, once the new iphone launches, of course no confirmation date yet! they said, i will be able to get a free upgrade, i asked if it was like the 2g to 3g and they said that is the exact idea, i have all of their names, so if they are bullshi*ing me ill be on the phone to o2 along with ofcom and the oft! i am absolutely loving the phone! what im after now is a decent protector, it needs to be an invisible sheild thin as possible, like an all over screen protector.

Comment

The Zagg Invisible Shield will be just what you're looking for - have got one for mine and can highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        Apart from the 3G iPhone is the 2nd gen iPhone
                        I is n00b!

Comment

Anyone care to share their opinions on the Nokia 6500 classic or let me know if a replacement model is imminent?

Comment

You don't really need a screen protector for the iPhone. The glass is extremely scratch resistant. It's also a lot nicer to touch than plastic.

Comment

Its true that it is a lot nicer to touch than plastic however despite my best efforts and handling it with kid gloves, I still managed to scratch it a couple of times before I applied the screen to mine.

Comment

I am coming up to the time in my contract for a free upgrade and wondered if anyone had any experiences with a blackberry (I would like an iphone but am on vodafone so no chance) so am looking at other options with a blackberry being one.

Comment

Working...
                                X