This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AaronBekir View Post
    iPhone, iPhone, iPhone all the way!! simply the best phone i have ever had (and ive had a load!!) ive been told by 3 o2 chaps and 3 cpw chaps that anyone with the 2 year contract will get the free upgrade from the 3g to next iPhone as well (much like the 2g to 3g one) so definately worth it!! i use the phone for everything now, number 2 bit of tech in my life (behind my 360! lol)

Aaron
    Same here mate, I got it on 2 year contract a week or so ago and it's just awesome. Really hope we get a free upgrade to the next version too but I'm not too bothered at the moment as this will last me ages anyway. Not like in a year it'll feel like old technology!

Comment

iPhone for me as well.

I have despised everything with an i in front of it until now... absolutely hate iPods and then decided to get the iPhone and havent looked back. It's become my go-to gadget for practically everything and hell if it had a Dpad and some face buttons I might actually be persuaded to sell my NDS.

Comment

I've had an Xperia X1 now for about 2 months, took me about 3 weeks to decide that i really didn't like it, shame the take-back period was 14 days so now i'm stuck with it! I actually last night went back to using my sony ericsson k850i (which is scratched up to buggery and the flash doesn't work).

The problem with the X1 is that its a computer with a phone hidden somewhere in the menu's, an absolute pain in the arse to use and just too cumbersome. I kind of expected it to be a bit more complicated than i'm used to but not as annoying as it's been.

I think i may just go down to minimum contract, palm it off onto a family member and then get an iphone when this rumoured new model/update arrives, does anyone know what is actually known about the next iphone?

Comment

I'm coming round to the X1 more and more. I've been D/Ling a bunch of extr OS stuff for it, and it now operates totally different to how it ran out of the box. It's the best phone I've ever used for messaging (iPhone included), and whilst the actual phone part of it may appear lacking at first, it can be tweaked for esier usage pretty easily.

However, I still have 8 days to return mine if I need to so we shall see how it goes...
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've been using Iphone 3.0 beta 4, it's pretty stable now although I haven't had much use for the new features. Copy and paste is incredibly useful at times though.

Comment

Originally posted by booth83
              ]I think i may just go down to minimum contract, palm it off onto a family member and then get an iphone when this rumoured new model/update arrives, does anyone know what is actually known about the next iphone?
              Anodized aluminium back, same shape, 3.2MP camera with video recording, electronic compass to orientate Google Maps.

Originally posted by J0e_Musashi
              It's the best phone I've ever used for messaging
              You've clearly never used a Blackberry.

And man I can't believe some of you guys are willing to enter into effectively 4 year iPhone contracts by resigning in June. I think I'm going to keep my powder dry, the upgrades are going to be in no way significant enough from the 3G for me.

Comment

They don't tag it on the end of your contract do they? I thought they just renewed it from the current date?

Comment

That's correct. O2 waive your old contract and you start a fresh 18 month deal. Rumour has it that signing a 2 year deal when the new model lands will get you a free upgrade.

Comment

IS that something they always offer, or just for a limited time when the new unit launches?

Comment

Just got back from the O2 store at the Fort (Glasgow) and they know absolutely nothing about an Iphone 3

what they did say that there will be a firmware upgrade for the iphone to take it to 3.0

so is there any hard evidence that a new Iphone will be getting released

Comment

i sent an email to O2 and they dont have a clue either and wont make any decisions until they get the product from Apple and he clearly stated that a few times, but they keep on talking about the Iphone 3.0 beta OS

what i'm going to do is go onto an O2 simplicity pack (£21 after vat) on a month by month contract and when the new Iphone decides to make an appearance i will lock myself into a contract with O2 for the 2 year term

the phone i have right now is a sim free C510 and its a more than capable phone

Funny thing is I tried to extend my current contract with Vodafone two weeks ago (now been a customer for over 4 years) and all i wanted was a C905 for 12 months at £35 a month (only a saving of £5 a month from a new customer) and they said they would give me time to think about a new deal with the C902, but then (phew!) decided not to phone me back.

Today when i phoned them and asked for my PAC code they suddenly offered me the deal i wanted and it felt nice just to say NO, good day sir

Comment

The third generation iPhone is 'just' rumours and speculation, so will be denied by any official body. On top of that, no one who works in a shop or a call centre for O2 or CPW knows dick anyway. In practical terms though, it's definitely coming. The iPhone is due for its regular June bump, and the vast majority of the details have been leaked in dribs and drabs across Mac rumour sites.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK
                            That's correct. O2 waive your old contract and you start a fresh 18 month deal. Rumour has it that signing a 2 year deal when the new model lands will get you a free upgrade.
                            I'll eat my hat if they do that again. The only reason this originally happened is to appease customers who paid £280 on contract for the first generation iPhone, why would they want to waive months and months of contracts for thousands of customers? Most people who have the iPhone 3G got it for free anyway, it's not like O2 owe them anything. If it does occur, it will be for people who took up the 3G contract before a certain date - if you sign on one now, they're not suddenly going to waive your other 17 months and give you a new iPhone.

edit: Oops, could a mod edit these posts together please? ty

Comment

Wasn't the 02 iPhone exclusivity deal here in the UK just a two year thing? know my old memory is shabby but thought I read that back in the day - unless it's been extended by Apple.

Thought there were rumours Orange might be able to get in on the iphone action at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                                You've clearly never used a Blackberry.
                                Has any one got experience of blackberry's any recommendations good and bad would be welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X