Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a few Blackberrys from my work, but when i got my iPhone I gave it back. Sure the keyboard is great for typing, but all other functions of the devices are rubbish imo.

The only reason they are succesful is because they were to first to provide push email syncing with the office. All the traders with no idea about tech caught onto them and they have remained cool ever since. But as phones, there are much better out there.

Comment

unfortunately vodafone is the only signal available here so the iphone is out (as not willing to pay hundreds of pounds for a sim free one) are there any other phones to recommend.

Comment

I've had a Blackberry Pearl, Curve & Bold and loved them all, but prefer my iPhone tho.

Comment

I've just ordered a 16Gb black iPhone from O2, I went for the 24 month months at ?34:26 and a one off payment for the phone.

I've still got a couple of months on the contract for my old phone with Vodafone I'll get the number ported then and give it to somebody in the family.

It's a little scary signing up for two years though!

Will set include a dock as I'm guessing that I won't be able to use the classic dock I have? I think the only accessories I need will be some sort of case and maybe a screen protector. I'm sure people have asked a million times before but what are people on here using to protect their iPhones?

On my Classic I have a sort of rubber case thing which I quite like as it's not too bulky but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable having the iPhone with the screen exposed.

I think once this is up and running I'll be completely Windows free at home!

Comment

Doesn't come with a dock I'm afraid.

I use an Invisishield to protect mine - does a grand job too.

2 years does seem like a long time. Mine is for 2 years, and I am approaching the 1 year. Usually about now I am itching to get a new phone, but I am more than happy to keep this for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry
              I'm sure people have asked a million times before but what are people on here using to protect their iPhones?
              Nothing. It's totally unnecessary. The amount of ludicrous cases you see people removing their iPhones from on the tube, it's laughable. It's a phone!

Comment

Heathen.

Comment

Dude, seriously. They're fine on their own.

Comment

I suppose its not too much of a problem on the iPhone actually due to the back being black as opposed to shiny metal on iPods that show up every scratch.

Comment

I've never had to use one myself on either my 2g or 3g iPhone.

My old 2g was dropped on multiple occasions aswell and apart from the back of it, the front side of it was completely spotless and entirely scratch free.

Comment

Second that, my 2g iPhone hasn't got a single scratch on the screen and ive had it over a year now.

Comment

I just got one of these Cheap and works well - handy if you do want a case

Comment

First post from my iPhone and it's going to take bit of time getting used to browsing like this. It's surprisingly instictive though but not THAT surprising having used a Mac for few months.

Do many people use MobileMe or is there something better?

Any essential hints for a first time iPhone user?

Comment

I use/pay for MobileMe, but I don't think I'll renew next year. I'm just too lazy to enter my contacts manually so synced them all from Outlook on my PC that way. Apparently though if you cancel your MobileMe account, it then deletes your contacts. Nice.

I also had no end of timezone troubles syncing between a PC, a Mac, and my iPhone, and ended up turning off MobileMe on my PC. I think they may have resolve that now but I don't care to try it again.

Comment

I have MobileMe and use it with 2 Macs and my iPhone. For me, it was exactly what I wanted to have everything synced together. They've worked out all of the kinks from when they first launched the service (which wasn't all that bad and I got 3 free months as compensation) and it just means all of my devices are constantly up to date, data wise. It's expensive for what it is essentially, but I'd say give the free trial a go and see how you get on.

Comment

Working...
                                X