Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've decided I don't need MobileMe now, I misunderstood what it was. I thought I needed it to sync mail & contacts which I don't.

I'm impressed with the Exchange email ability although I'll never be free from work now. lol

I'm a little about something with the phone now though. For some reason it's started asking me for an 8 digit numeric passcode when it's been left for a minute. I've checked n the preferences and there are options to change how long it takes before it needs it but I'm not finding any option to remove it completely.

Anybody got an ideas why it's started doing this and how I stop it?

Comment

8 digits or 4? If you set the passcode on, its 4. Not heard of 8!

Comment

It's definitely 8.

The only thing I can think is that after adding my work email account it asked for a password twice, my email password was 8 digits so I input that and that's now the passcode.

It asks me for it when it's not been used for a minute even when I'm not using email. If I switch the phone off and back on, it'll ask me for the passcode.

It don't understand if using exchange server email means that I have to keep the full passcode for some reason?

Comment

Ah could be - maybe it's a policy thats being enforced by the Exchange server?

Comment

Does anybody know if it's possible to set up different profiles on the 3G iPhone?

On the phones I've had recently I was able to set up different user profiles with different settings so I could have something like a cinema profile which would silent everything, turn on voicemail & vibrate. I had separate profiles for meetings etc.

I know I can adjust the individual settings but it used to be a matter of a button press to move from one to another and it was really useful.

Cheers.

Comment

What do people think about a potential Zune phone? I've actually liked some of the concept renders I've seen floating around and would consider one.

Comment

I was wondering if someone on here could tell me about buying a phone on one of the million websites online, that give you a free phone, a decent monthly tariff and stuff.

Ive been looking at http://www.mobiles2yourdoor.co.uk and Im not 100% sure if its decent or not (ie legit) If not, where would be the best place to get phones at a good price online from?

Basically my 18 month contract is up and i wanna upgrade to a new phone, but the phone i want is not on Vodafone (so the guy from Vodafone says) but on this website above, they do the phone on Vodafone's network and at an ok monthly contract.

What i wanna know is, if i get my phone from this place online, will i be able to keep my existing number and stuff. Its the convenience of staying with the same network and having a phone i want which is drawing me. And i don't want to be back on an 18 month contract, i wanna go back to the 12 month ones i used to get, which this website allows also.

Any help would be most appreciated guys and gals

Oh and the phone im looking at is the LG Viewty Smart lol.......

Comment

Okay, fine folks of NTSC-UK, new phone for Keith time.

I need:

To be able to record videos.
                  To be able to use MP3s for ringtones and text tones.
                  To be able to store an obscene amount of texts.
                  Unlimited Internet browsing.
                  8GB+ storage space.

I'd also like, but won't limit myself to:

A decent calendar.
                  A keypad.
                  A 3.5mm headphone jack.
                  A network that doesn't plaster their logo all over their phones.
                  A card slot.

Not fussed about the network, nor am I concerned about the prices, just looking for a network + phone that will accomodate my requirements. :P

Anyone have any suggestions? The N97 has been what I've had my eye on the longest, but I'm willing to look at anything really - don't know much about new/upcoming phones so I'd appreciate you folks' opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    Okay, fine folks of NTSC-UK, new phone for Keith time.

I need:

To be able to record videos.
                    To be able to use MP3s for ringtones and text tones.
                    To be able to store an obscene amount of texts.
                    Unlimited Internet browsing.
                    8GB+ storage space.

I'd also like, but won't limit myself to:

A decent calendar.
                    A keypad.
                    A 3.5mm headphone jack.
                    A network that doesn't plaster their logo all over their phones.
                    A card slot.

Not fussed about the network, nor am I concerned about the prices, just looking for a network + phone that will accomodate my requirements. :P

Anyone have any suggestions? The N97 has been what I've had my eye on the longest, but I'm willing to look at anything really - don't know much about new/upcoming phones so I'd appreciate you folks' opinions.
                    htc hero is supposedly great its out about now

Comment

Hmm, a quick Google reveals that that does look pretty sweet.

Comment

The E71 has the best keyboard I've ever used.

Comment

i may be a little behind the times with this info, but just incase

my last and current mobile bills with Vodafone were stupidly high, last month i just put it down to too much downloading, but this month i hardly used it and gave them a phone

apparently the computers were crashing all over the place during the month of May and when the servers were reset it seemed to reset people's priceplans

so i was getting charged for every little thing i used my phone for and my priceplan, after 10 minutes speaking to a very helpful girl i was given a rebate of ?75, which brought it down to normal

thought i would mention it to other vodafone customers just incase they've noticed that their bills were high, Vodafone will not be doing it automatically, customers have to phone up and enquire about it themselves which to me seems pretty strange

Comment

Canadian mobile phone companies charge for you to receive calls!
                            It's like being back in 1996!

Comment

And you have to sign a 3 year contract to get a Blackberry or an iPhone. What is THAT about?

Originally posted by Buster Broon
                              Vodafone will not be doing it automatically, customers have to phone up and enquire about it themselves which to me seems pretty strange
                              Lol, man, typical mobile phone network. They're all bastards.

Comment

You have the option to pay an extra fee and only have a one or two year contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X